Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dougie Freedman to Leeds?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He wont go there. Hes onto a good thing at Palace. Adored and in a solid position, Palace through and through.

It would be like me Managing the Albion and going to Leeds....Never going to happen

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is embarassing that we have called this game off - Football in 2012 should not have a championship game called off due to a dusting of snow.
To be fair, it's only the mickey mouse clubs that do.

Shame it's not earlier in the season - you could have switched the game to Doncaster, the more professional and less noddy outfit of the two.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Whilst Palace are tinpot, Leeds are not much better. At the moment Freedman has owners who back what he wants to do. In some respects Leeds don't. Obviously Leeds have much bigger long term prospects but I suspect whoever takes over next at Leeds will have one hand tied behind their back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whilst Palace are tinpot, Leeds are not much better. At the moment Freedman has owners who back what he wants to do. In some respects Leeds don't. Obviously Leeds have much bigger long term prospects but I suspect whoever takes over next at Leeds will have one hand tied behind their back.

And need to have his head up Bates arse.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is the right answer - Dougie been with us on and off since 1996, why would he go and work for Bates?

Yes, that's right, because Palar$e are a much bigger club than dirty Leeds with far more potential! :dunce::ffsparr:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Fair point that, and if Bates was in charge of Palace there is absolutely nil chance Zaha or Clyne would still be there. Leeds is a poisened chalice at the moment, unrealistic expectations with no investment being made into the squad and a negative atmosphere from the fans.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
he'd be barmy to go there

can't lose at palace because expectations are low and he is over-achieving

couldn't win at leeds where expectations are unrealistic and money is something that goes in to Bates' wallet never to see the light again

D

Deleted member 18477

piss off to leeds dougie. you know it makes sense you prat!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes, one with a a Uruguayan's handwriting...:whistle::whistle:

Poyet's only loyalty to Albion is the dosh.

Nope thats one thing that certainly ISNT the case.

Poyet has played at the very top level for club and country. He played for Spurs and Chelsea in the prem. Even an average prem league reserve can earn half a mill a year for doing eff all. This is a guy who has played over 50 times for his country and won trophies here and abroad.

I would venture that its most certainly NOT money.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
There's no better place for Doogie Howser to crash and burn than at Selhurst. It's already fun watching the local hero getting slated a bit. Just wait when they hit the 10 games without a win mark. implosion.

Is it me or does the fact that so many of us would laugh at Freedman's departure from Palace mask a certain underhand, unwilling, grudging admiration for the work he's doing there?

Yes, but I don't like to talk about it. OK.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Is it me or does the fact that so many of us would laugh at Freedman's departure from Palace mask a certain underhand, unwilling, grudging admiration for the work he's doing there?

I don't think it's unwilling at all; I'm quite happy to say Freedman has done (is doing) a great job at Palace.

To say he's doing a bad job would suggest I think Palace should rightfully be doing a lot better than they are...

Jan 12, 2012
If i were you, i'd be a bit concerned that the old silver fox doesn't tap up Gussy tomorrow.
Re united with that pygmy motor mouth Wise, now that would make me laugh !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here