Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dortmund fans and the benefit of a drum!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You have to remember that these people are German, they're far more 'efficient' at these sort of things.

We cant even organise which stand goes next after the North stand sing 'We're the North Stand' so what chance do we have with one drum.

I bet Dortmund fan's have no idea on how to moan about pies etc as well as Brighton fans we do.

Every team's fans have their strengths, Dortmunds is singing in time to man with a mullet and a drum, ours is LOL'ing and moaning about various match day occurrences .

Let's just all stick to what we know best.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Now, let me start by saying that I am not a fan of a drum at the football and I know loads of people of NSC hate the idea too but it is time to face the fact that Brighton fans must have the worst rhythm on the planet.

Last night every single song broke down because it is too fast, the great escape and CMS song are fuckin hyperspeed and do not even get me started on SBTS.

Listen to the Dortmund fans at the moment- it is rhythmic, in time, loud and everyone joins in.

I just wonder if we had a drum whether we could actually sing the songs in time?

It is not that I WANT a drum at the football but it is almost necessity to train and teach people to actually stop ramping up into LOL-levels of speed.

Thoughts?
Even with a dozen drums we'd still sing GOSBTS too fast. Let's face it, we're shit at singing. :down:

EDIT: And I bet the drums would go too fast anyway.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Even with a dozen drums we'd still sing GOSBTS too fast. Let's face it, we're shit at singing. :down:

EDIT: And I bet the drums would go too fast anyway.

Im afraid you are right the drummer would give up and eventually go hyperspeed to keep up with the supporters.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
You have to remember that these people are German, they're far more 'efficient' at these sort of things.

We cant even organise which stand goes next after the North stand sing 'We're the North Stand' so what chance do we have with one drum.

I bet Dortmund fan's have no idea on how to moan about pies etc as well as Brighton fans we do.

Every team's fans have their strengths, Dortmunds is singing in time to man with a mullet and a drum, ours is LOL'ing and moaning about various match day occurrences .

Let's just all stick to what we know best.

This pretty much applies to all German fans, went to see 1860 Munich on saturday.....crowd of 19,000 in Allianz arena and atmosphere was great and the home end behind one goal was really rocking with some great singing all in time, plus you can drink beer and smoke in your seats if you want, sit or stand if you want......Germans certainly seem to have the right ideas in pretty much everything they do!!!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
If people can't sing in time to a recorded version of GOSBTS over tannoy, why would a drum (and associated delay in sound travel across different parts of the ground) improve things in your mind?

Because it's the clapping that goes out of time first. If there was a massive drum beat that corrected their clapping, the singing would follow. That's my theory anyway...

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Now, let me start by saying that I am not a fan of a drum at the football and I know loads of people of NSC hate the idea too but it is time to face the fact that Brighton fans must have the worst rhythm on the planet.

Last night every single song broke down because it is too fast, the great escape and CMS song are fuckin hyperspeed and do not even get me started on SBTS.

Listen to the Dortmund fans at the moment- it is rhythmic, in time, loud and everyone joins in.

I just wonder if we had a drum whether we could actually sing the songs in time?

It is not that I WANT a drum at the football but it is almost necessity to train and teach people to actually stop ramping up into LOL-levels of speed.

Thoughts?

What about a slide whistle like in the Clangers, i always find this the most expressive of instruments.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
we should have a special goal celebration as well, what about the Pound Shop, it's like Poznan but cheaper

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Exactly as I see it. The drum does not have to be banged for 90 minutes annoying the f*** out of everyone JUST when we are singing a tune that needs to keep everyone in time.

So if you gave the drum to the NSK at the back of the North it would be banged for 90 minutes! I'd put a hole in it, already had enough of tone deaf mongs, last thing I need is a thumping drummer sat behind me! Although it may wake the East up a bit? Maybe on a perch at the front of the Upper tier. :D

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We had a horn in the North blown a few times on Tuesday night - that pissed me off as it is. We dont need bloody instruments - having them shows your shit at making a good atmosphere. Generally were alright at that (last 2 games have been dodgy but the games havent been that good either).

I now avoid England games because of that band - god forbid if someone brings one into the Amex - already tempted to get the horn already there and shove it up that persons arse.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
In conclusion then. Those that insist on singing at hyper-speed- Stop being fuckin TOOLS and slow it down.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The singing too fast problem needs to be self policing.

If you spot anyone doing it at the next match either threaten to shank them or cut their throat - that's what I did at Watford away and Brum at home

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Why don't we have someone in the AV department at the club just play through every speaker a booming kick drum at a set tempo for each song. That would work.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
The singing too fast problem needs to be self policing.

If you spot anyone doing it at the next match either threaten to shank them or cut their throat - that's what I did at Watford away and Brum at home

That's the way. First sign of sped up clapping and cut their frigging hands off. GOSBTS does not need any clapping, and maybe a broken finger here and there would cut that out. Clapping does not hide the inability to learn a few words, just highlights the said inadequacy.

Or ignore it and let life move on in its own way. p.s my pie was good in East Upper.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
An example of having a musical instrument in with Brighton fans doesn't work.

[yt]gylif58OFrY[/yt]

NorwoodCPFC

Banned
Sep 26, 2012

You lot can pretend to believe that our atmospheres are poor, but there's no doubt the Drum here helps to create one of the most vibrant atmospheres in this country ATM

You lot can pretend to believe that our atmospheres are poor, but there's no doubt the Drum here helps to create one of the most vibrant atmospheres in this country ATM

And to show us your atmospheres are brilliant you choose the Semi Final. :ffsparr:

Good work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here