Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dortmund fans and the benefit of a drum!!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Now, let me start by saying that I am not a fan of a drum at the football and I know loads of people of NSC hate the idea too but it is time to face the fact that Brighton fans must have the worst rhythm on the planet.

Last night every single song broke down because it is too fast, the great escape and CMS song are fuckin hyperspeed and do not even get me started on SBTS.

Listen to the Dortmund fans at the moment- it is rhythmic, in time, loud and everyone joins in.

I just wonder if we had a drum whether we could actually sing the songs in time?

It is not that I WANT a drum at the football but it is almost necessity to train and teach people to actually stop ramping up into LOL-levels of speed.

Thoughts?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Their fans look and sound impressive. All standing and jumping around.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
If people can't sing in time to a recorded version of GOSBTS over tannoy, why would a drum (and associated delay in sound travel across different parts of the ground) improve things in your mind?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Sorry Wilko...that deserves this...... YELLOW.jpg

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If people can't sing in time to a recorded version of GOSBTS over tannoy, why would a drum (and associated delay in sound travel across different parts of the ground) improve things in your mind?

Maybe. For a song like 'Gus Poyets Blue and white army' it would work well.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

This

We don't need a drum, we need a bit of intelligence.

Dortmund fans have been MAGNIFICENT tonight. I bet they don't argue on their messageboards about which stand is the loudest.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
This

We don't need a drum, we need a bit of intelligence.

Dortmund fans have been MAGNIFICENT tonight. I bet they don't argue on their messageboards about which stand is the loudest.

They don't have to with a stand like this:

Dortmund-3.jpg

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No way.

Look at every English team that have a drum. The atmosphere is shit.

I include PALACE in that bracket.

The NSK obsession with foreign supports is tiresome.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'm not a big fan having a drum but neither am I fan of not being able to sing more than 1 verse because it get sped up so quickly it becomes impossible to sing.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'm not a big fan having a drum but neither am I fan of not being able to sing more than 1 verse because it get sped up so quickly it becomes impossible to sing.

Exactly as I see it. The drum does not have to be banged for 90 minutes annoying the f*** out of everyone JUST when we are singing a tune that needs to keep everyone in time.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Exactly as I see it. The drum does not have to be banged for 90 minutes annoying the f*** out of everyone JUST when we are singing a tune that needs to keep everyone in time.

IF we had a drum it would need to be used by someone who knows ALL of our songs and has decent rhythm. In Australia we had a drum at Perth Glory games which didn't overpower the singing but was loud enough to be heard, it all depends on the type of drum.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
[QUOTEisit Is it time to considor forming a band,however I am not a fan of the drum on its own!=Wilko;5236951]Now, let me start by saying that I am not a fan of a drum at the football and I know loads of people of NSC hate the idea too but it is time to face the fact that Brighton fans must have the worst rhythm on the planet.

Last night every single song broke down because it is too fast, the great escape and CMS song are fuckin hyperspeed and do not even get me started on SBTS.

Listen to the Dortmund fans at the moment- it is rhythmic, in time, loud and everyone joins in.

I just wonder if we had a drum whether we could actually sing the songs in time?

It is not that I WANT a drum at the football but it is almost necessity to train and teach people to actually stop ramping up into LOL-levels of speed.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here