Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dorset based fans

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would love to be, but we can't sell our house here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We wanted and still do want to go Bridport way.
There just wasn't quite the property to move to, which was fairly academic anyway, as ours didn't even look like shifting even with a 'come and get' me price.

We will get there it's just a long term idea now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Typically this thread had me doing my first 'rightmove' search for a month, and this baby turned up:-

3 bedroom property for sale in St. Andrews Road, Bridport, Dorset, DT6

which is exactly what we were looking for, grrrrr.
Looking at that, would I be correct in assuming house prices are a bit cheaper in Dorset than Sussex ? I'm hoping to move West when I go into semi-retirement in a couple of years and was hoping to be able to buy a property and have a bit of cash left over.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Looking at that, would I be correct in assuming house prices are a bit cheaper in Dorset than Sussex ? I'm hoping to move West when I go into semi-retirement in a couple of years and was hoping to be able to buy a property and have a bit of cash left over.

As with any County prices vary from place to place. In west Dorset prices are less than the Sussex average, but prices in Poole/Bournemouth are broadly comparable with Brighton.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We've found it very like for like.
Or even a touch more expensive, if you want to move straight into a comfortable house.

That one highlighted looks like it needs windows/doors/heating/decorating, where as our similar house here (west west west Sussex) has all of that, but is only 10/15k more.

That's obviously not including 10k to move, hence staying put.

Last edited:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Love Dorset, wife's parents own a second home in Lyme Regis. Got married there and regularly go down there ( well my wife and kids more so) . Would like to eventually retire to the west country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here