Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dont worry... be happy.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
IMO
Coppel is gone, he only signed for us cos no other jobs were going(My inside info).

Dont blame him or Reading, its Knights fault. He probably only got him to sign on a "you can leave clause".

Which IS good business, remember Knight (Unlike Hearn) has a track record of picking GOOD managers, so probability is we will get another good one.

George Graham is my choice.

Now RELAX and SMILE :D :)

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
George Graham wouldn't be interested. He said he wasn't interested in the reading job and was waiting for a premiership club.

Steve Cotterill will probably be the man if Coppell does go.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Who knows?

Maybe Jedi will say "Manage us till a prem job comes along then you can run away like the rest"?

Who would refuse that offer?

As I said, It IS a good strategy for a basket case club like ours at the moment.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Looney has a point, no other manager wanted to take charge of a team with no permanent ground/hardly any money so DK said to SC "just manage us until a better offer comes along" in the hope that would'nt happen.

Either way SC is gone and my moneys on Booker as the new boss come tomorrow 12noon

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
We can thank coppel for Leon and that new guy from fulham, would we have got them if MH was in the seat?

It may work in our favour if a new manager can aquire a couple of goodens.

Tinker was crap but he got us Junior Lewis and the title.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yep good points looney - but how can we build as a club without stability in the managers chair? new signings are vital and I agree there have been some good ones - but without a constant manager and staff, how can we get continuity...players learning new set pieces, new training routines, new managers bring new ideas....

maybe its good - but I don't think so...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
tedebear said:
Yep good points looney - but how can we build as a club without stability in the managers chair? new signings are vital and I agree there have been some good ones - but without a constant manager and staff, how can we get continuity...players learning new set pieces, new training routines, new managers bring new ideas....

maybe its good - but I don't think so...
Forget everything tedebear we cant build stability in a football club without a decent stadium, screw the fact that SC may leave...FALMER is the most important thing to this club EVER and the decision is expected later this year, I could'nt care if we had Margeret Thatcher in charge of 1st team affairs, just so long as we get that damn ground!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If I said to you..................

Ground like Cheltenhams, paying rent like palace and average 2 managers a season where are we?

Most would respond the Conference or Bust.

We are 2nd in Div 2 which is a miracle, so have the last few seasons ben a miracle.....

Untill Falmer we should count our blessings, weve had a string of good managers and some quality players to bring about this monor miracle.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
ditchy said:
John gregory is available !!:ohmy:
Yeah and its handy for Lewes prison............

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
CrabtreeBHA said:
Forget everything tedebear we cant build stability in a football club without a decent stadium, screw the fact that SC may leave...FALMER is the most important thing to this club EVER and the decision is expected later this year, I could'nt care if we had Margeret Thatcher in charge of 1st team affairs, just so long as we get that damn ground!

Yep - totally agree - without Falmer we won't be anywhere - the manager would be irrelevant.... but thats no reason to wallow around without a manager, without a manager and a few solid seasons we might not have a team to play at Falmer if we do get there? and what would happen to the crowds who are fair weather supporters - they'd leave in their droves...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here