Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Dont wanna go home' chants

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Getting on anyone else's nerves? Nearly every chant in football now is used in that tune, starting to get very annoying just like when everyone overused 'pigbag'

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I was going to start a thread on exactly the same thing. Time for Sloop to die a death.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Don't wanna go home? Isn't it I wanna go home?

Of course it is.

'Don't want to go home..don't want to go home, Leeds is a shit hole. don't want to go home' would be daft.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Great tune for songs. Loud and punchy.

Much harder hitting than Alllbbbiiiooonnnn aaallbbbiiiooonnn

Adaptable to so many words as well

Hope its a stayer

You burnt your own town , you burnt your etc

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Don't wanna go home, don't wanna go hoooooomeeee, this is the best trip, i've ever been on.

Sure that's the dont wanna version, I remember personally singing this song at Stoke last season for the first time as the Stoke is a shithole etc.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's even crapper when it's sung about somewhere that patently isn't a shit hole. Wish people would just bin it, but of course they won't because they still think its the height of hilarity.

Expect the same people to be holding their sides and congratulating themselves on their Grade A wit as they belt out "sign on, sign on, with a pen, in your hand..." at Anfield next week.

:yawn:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Depends. Lets be honest stoke and palace and pompey for examples are shitholes. Whilst soemwhere like ipswich isnt and is actually very affluent so you really need to pick and choose where its sung.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I really dislike this song and tbh I don't get it. Surely it makes sense that you are happy to be here and pick up 3 points. It only makes sense when you are losing to the point of no come back.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We sing Sloop John B all the time on rugby trips and tours, when sung well it is a corker, but not when sung by the tone deaf Kollective or other such grouping with a lack of ability to create some imaginative lyrics.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I don't usually moan about any song, but against Newcastle a few lads in the North Stand were still singing "we shag who we want", its not a nice chant.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It's even crapper when it's sung about somewhere that patently isn't a shit hole. Wish people would just bin it, but of course they won't because they still think its the height of hilarity.

Expect the same people to be holding their sides and congratulating themselves on their Grade A wit as they belt out "sign on, sign on, with a pen, in your hand..." at Anfield next week.

:yawn:

...and then singing "just a small town in Everton" ....hilarious

Depends. Lets be honest stoke and palace and pompey for examples are shitholes. Whilst soemwhere like ipswich isnt and is actually very affluent so you really need to pick and choose where its sung.
Or just re-work a version of "In your Monaco slums" that Manchester United fans dreamt up a few years back.

In your Monaco slums,
You look in the dustbin for something to eat,
You find a baguette and you think it's a treat,
In your Monaco slums.

In your Monaco slums,
Your mum's on the tables, your dad's in the bank,
You sit in your mansion whilst having a wank,
In your Monaco slums.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I really don't get it when it's sung at the START of matches, e.g. why did you travel all the way to Leeds but want to go home straight away? For the record, I'm STILL in Leeds and going out for a nice meal shortly so stuff you :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here