Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't let the NIMBYs have their day - write to the Argus too

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
The most important letter is to Prescott but after that it's really important to get OUR views in the paper. Because, for sure, the NIMBYs will be coming out of the duckpond in droves.

Given the likely headlines in tomorrow's Argus they also need to know that supporters have got an active campaign going to point Prescott in the right direction - which, for sure isn't the same direction as the Local Plan Inspector!

Obviously the FFA team will get something sorted too but if anyone feels minded to email a letter or comment to The Argus right now, it'd be damned useful.

Send comments to:

letters@theargus.co.uk

or

simon.bradshaw@theargus.co.uk

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's certainly worth a go, but I fear I know the angle the Anus will take on this story.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My letter has just gone off to both addresses.
I'm frantic and desperate.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Email sent to the Argus and SKY

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have contacted football365, BBC Radio 5 live and am about to contact Red Issue (the United fanzine, who have always been sympathetic to our cause).

Can someone act as co-ordinator of all the other sites we are bombarding

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the Argus editorial was very fair today!!!!!

Lets not get into the " Argus are a load of shit" stuff. We need their support now as ever if we want letters published.

BUT REMEMBER, THEY HAVE TO BE SEEN TO BE IMPARTIAL

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I've posted the editorial from the Argus on another thread. It's written by Adam Trimmingham not Andy Naylor.

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
done both, lets hope they help us, i work next to the argus building..Im going there fri, send me anything to give them

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have written to the Argus suggestion that fans have their view as well and that the paper attends the Wycombe game as we will protest.

Support

:censored: :censored:

I am a Spurs fan but have followed Brighton as my very close second team all my life as I live here.

Managed to email Prescott, BBC, Sky, Soccer AM, The Argus, Southern Counties Radio and The Council and have sent my letter off as well as drumming up support at work.

I have also started a petition on various Spurs websites to get people supporting Falmer and have had a good response with a lot of people emailing prescott etc

For the sake of football and for the sake of Brighton and Hove Albion, your plight will not go unheard!!

:angry: :angry:

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Re: Support

bigboybuttersstolemysarnies said:
:censored: :censored:

I am a Spurs fan but have followed Brighton as my very close second team all my life as I live here.

Managed to email Prescott, BBC, Sky, Soccer AM, The Argus, Southern Counties Radio and The Council and have sent my letter off as well as drumming up support at work.

I have also started a petition on various Spurs websites to get people supporting Falmer and have had a good response with a lot of people emailing prescott etc

For the sake of football and for the sake of Brighton and Hove Albion, your plight will not go unheard!!

:angry: :angry:

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. :)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
As you are most probably a wear, Falmer is in jeopardy. I know The Argus is supposed to be impartial but I can’t help feeling anger towards the negative attitude the paper has been taking towards Brighton & Hove Albion FC in recent articles. It is absolutely vital that you drum up as much support for the club as possible in your next edition. This is not a request, this is a plea. The local paper needs to be seen as getting behind issues that so many feel strongly about. Give the fans their say…they HAVE to be heard.

Biscuit
Westmeston Avenue,
Saltdean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here