Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't forget! Soccer AM on Sky One tomorrow!!

D

Deleted member 18477

I think the mods on here do a damn fine job actually - this place must take up an awful lot of their precious time and instead of slagging them off - you should be greatful that Bozzo and the mods run the place so efficiently!

Bozza's crazy brother:lol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think the mods on here do a damn fine job actually - this place must take up an awful lot of their precious time and instead of slagging them off - you should be greatful that Bozzo and the mods run the place so efficiently!

On the whole they do a fine job and Bozza has steered this site superbly. I dont even agree with the particualry hurtful comments about Gullys Girls but violently disagree with bannings for life for describing peoples appearances and goading our own supporters when it comes to our big rivalry.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
So if one of your kids (or more) and for the sake of this example i will have to assume they are girls, were members of gullys girls and lets say they were not Perfect 8 figures, would you as a parent/s be happy to see someone call them "Fat" and many other insensitive things on this or any other forum? I can speak for my wife and I and we have 3 kids, and we would most certainly not be happy!

In my opinion there is a vast difference between a very well paid footballer being crtisised and a young girl doing something for nothing, I very much doubt an over weight footballer would make it into pro football these days anyway. (awaits millions of examples :facepalm: :lol:)

Firstly the perfect figure is not a size 8! And then no I would not like my child to be called unkind names. Gullys girls have to be a minimum of aged 18 to join and therefore not children. Personally I hope that my children do not want to join Gullys girls when they are 18 (would be preferring them to be making money from sport rather than providing voluntary entertainment) as being a long time football supporter I am aware of the "banter" and unkind comments that can take place at the matches. Thats not to say its right, just to say its real at the matches and in society. I understand that as part of an adult world, people do comment on the way that other adults look. Do I like it - no, but I don't think that you are going to change it and its not illegal. As I said before, if you are sensitive, don't go on the forums.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
you sure as f*** act like it

#powermad

I think you're being totally unfair and also have no idea about moderating a busy forum. It is like being a referee, you please some and piss others off, except I don't personally find any of the mods here power crazy. You can't please all the people all the time, but you can obviously happily put them down for doing something for free.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Firstly the perfect figure is not a size 8! And then no I would not like my child to be called unkind names. Gullys girls have to be a minimum of aged 18 to join and therefore not children. Personally I hope that my children do not want to join Gullys girls when they are 18 (would be preferring them to be making money from sport rather than providing voluntary entertainment) as being a long time football supporter I am aware of the "banter" and unkind comments that can take place at the matches. Thats not to say its right, just to say its real at the matches and in society. I understand that as part of an adult world, people do comment on the way that other adults look. Do I like it - no, but I don't think that you are going to change it and its not illegal. As I said before, if you are sensitive, don't go on the forums.

Is it 18? I honestly thought it was younger than that.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
people should be allowed opinions. everyone slags off our players... whats the difference.

just saying...

i'm not slagging them off though? nice try but like i said before... just saying...

But you're not exactly appreciating the difference in how the sensitivities of a young unpaid female dancer can be hurt by being slagged off over matters of appearance when compared to those of a well-paid professional male football player.

In your reply to this, why not say something positive about the Girls, and thus prove that you're not slagging them off? - and we'll call the argument settled.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Is it 18? I honestly thought it was younger than that.

Yeah it's 18 - my Millie has another 11 years to wait - thank god!!!! When her teacher asked her what she was going to do when she grew up - she answered - I'm going to be a Gullys girl x LOLOLOL

D

Deleted member 18477

But you're not exactly appreciating the difference in how the sensitivities of a young unpaid female dancer can be hurt by being slagged off over matters of appearance when compared to those of a well-paid professional male football player.

In your reply to this, why not say something positive about the Girls, and thus prove that you're not slagging them off? - and we'll call the argument settled.

something positive? nearly all of them are bang tidy...

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Yeah it's 18 - my Millie has another 11 years to wait - thank god!!!! When her teacher asked her what she was going to do when she grew up - she answered - I'm going to be a Gullys girl x LOLOLOL

Oh right well you live and learn everyday! and thanks for the info :thumbsup: i really thought i had read somewhere that Jo had said it was 14 or 16....clearly i'm wrong! thanks anyway.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Firstly the perfect figure is not a size 8!
Damn straight, it's a size zero. Girls ANY with flesh on them make me physically sick.

Just in from work and watched the link!!!

QUALLA!!
There's a link? All I could find was a mod lover tiff ;)
:lolol: a girl after her mothers heart :D

Lush

Mods' Pet
That is so untrue. Guy Butters had horrific insults about his weight before he came good, thats one instantly remembered. It was also fine for your mate to put him on an ebay auction. Dont remember any repurcussions for any of that?

Entirely different thing. He was a professional footballer being paid a lot of money to do a job and in some people's opinions, including mine, he wasn't doing it well partly because of something he could help ie his weight. His performance at the pre-season friendly at Lewes was dreadful. I should mention that he stuck two fingers up at that opinion and became one of the best defenders ever seen at this club - a legend - and I'm glad he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here