Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't forget! Soccer AM on Sky One tomorrow!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Will we? Really?

Seems slightly at odds with NSC discussion that is largely permitted about the other 6bn people on planet Earth.

:lol: ouch. Some of our Mods seem to forget they dont own this place. Well told. :lol:

Not that I condone the hurtful stuff but you should be free to criticise on here and last I heard talking about appearance was no crime.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Of course people are allowed opinions. That doesn't mean to say that they can gob off inappropriately, and make hurtful comments.

Football players are well paid to to a job. It is their 'daytime' job. They are well compensated to entertain us. They are not judged on their looks.

The girls are not paid. It is not their daytime job. They are not compensated to entertain us. Leave them alone.

just replying....

Great post - also I think he girls are all relatively young and the comments sometimes are very hurtful. In society and media we are bombarded with the pressure that we have to be a perfect size 8 when in realty not many are and I don't want my little girl pressured into having to look like a stick insect - id rather she grow up knowing everyone is different and beauty comes from within!!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Look I think the girls do a great job and my kids love them, but these forums will sometimes have comments that not everyone agrees with. The players don't only get criticised about the football. I remember a game against Wrexham not so long ago where a certain player got slated for his interview technique (or lack of it). I have also heard the odd chant of "you fat b..." on many occasion aimed at players. So we all know it goes on all the time and in my opinion if you are of a sensitive disposition you should avoid football forums at all costs.

So if one of your kids (or more) and for the sake of this example i will have to assume they are girls, were members of gullys girls and lets say they were not Perfect 8 figures, would you as a parent/s be happy to see someone call them "Fat" and many other insensitive things on this or any other forum? I can speak for my wife and I and we have 3 kids, and we would most certainly not be happy!

In my opinion there is a vast difference between a very well paid footballer being crtisised and a young girl doing something for nothing, I very much doubt an over weight footballer would make it into pro football these days anyway. (awaits millions of examples :facepalm: :lol:)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Takes a big tough man/boy to critise/insult a young girl that dances for the club as a hobby though

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
:lol: ouch. Some of our Mods seem to forget they dont own this place. Well told. :lol:

Not that I condone the hurtful stuff but you should be free to criticise on here and last I heard talking about appearance was no crime.

Where have i ever said i own the place? and can you let me know where it says it's fine to criticise on appearance.

D

Deleted member 18477

Of course people are allowed opinions. That doesn't mean to say that they can gob off inappropriately, and make hurtful comments.

Football players are well paid to to a job. It is their 'daytime' job. They are well compensated to entertain us. They are not judged on their looks.

The girls are not paid. It is not their daytime job. They are not compensated to entertain us. Leave them alone.

just replying....

i'm not slagging them off though? nice try but like i said before... just saying...

Lush

Mods' Pet
You could argue that as you are not allowed to make 'personal comments' about individual posters on here (although you can argue with their opinions) and as many of Gullys Girls post on here the same should apply to them.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Where have i ever said i own the place? and can you let me know where it says it's fine to criticise on appearance.

Oh and threatening "life bans" for violations you have invented on the spot are the actions of someone who acts like they own the place. What with El Presidente acting a right tool over the Palace racism incident and our rivalry in general and you inventing life ban offences on the fly Id say our mods are all losing the plot a tad.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think you need to read other peoples and my own opinions above and on other pages my friend.

And you have still not shown me where I have said I own this site?

Err when did opinions of a small few posters become judge and jury over life banning offences my friend? Losing it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Not any players who might actually post on here. Unless Iain Dowie looks at NSC in his lunch hour. Can't think of many spiteful comments about BHA players appearance, unless you count the regular swoonings about GG and Sexy Pete.

That is so untrue. Guy Butters had horrific insults about his weight before he came good, thats one instantly remembered. It was also fine for your mate to put him on an ebay auction. Dont remember any repurcussions for any of that?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Oh and threatening "life bans" for violations you have invented on the spot are the actions of someone who acts like they own the place. What with El Presidente acting a right tool over the Palace racism incident and our rivalry in general and you inventing life ban offences on the fly Id say our mods are all losing the plot a tad.

I think the mods on here do a damn fine job actually - this place must take up an awful lot of their precious time and instead of slagging them off - you should be greatful that Bozzo and the mods run the place so efficiently!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Just in from work and watched the link!!!

QUALLA!!

:clap::albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here