Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't ever get a hernia. It f*****g hurts.

I had an op on Monday to sort me hernia out. I'm now stuck in bed with shaved nether regions, which are gradually going a nice bluey purple colour as the bruising sets in. I'm also off my head on painkillers
I was the youngest patient at the clinic by about 40 years and the only one not dressed in pastel coloured leisure wear. Although I am currently walking like a 70 year old who's had his bollocks stamped on.
But the worst thing is, if I laugh its the most excrutiating pain ever and Mrs Wild Years has given me a Richard Prior Live DVD to watch. Cheers darling, love you too.
Hopefully Saturdays game will not be packed with goal line incidents cos I don't think my pants could stand it.
I'm dreading sneezing.:(

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Franks Wild Years said:
I'm now stuck in bed with shaved nether regions

They don't actually have to do that. It's an old joke within the medical proffession. Still funny though.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I had a hernia op about 10 years ago when I was 28 and yes the pain wes excruciating. I still get a little niggle even now.

Felt like an old man walking with a walking stick for 3-4 days after.

superwife

Aug 13, 2003
With Superphil
I too have had a Hernia operation about 11 years ago when I was only 25 - f*****g painful, if anyone had told me how horrible it would be after the operation, I would never have had it done. I even had to watch a couple of games in the seats at The Goldstone cos I couldn't stand up for a length of time without it hurting - as for sneezing - just keep everything crossed that you wont :ohmy: :wave:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
what are you lot like.
I had a hernia op in day surgery and walked out and was out and about in 2 days.
it was larger than they thought and f*****g painfull.

and on that subject I had the chop on a monday and was playing football on the saturday.
:D

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
glasfryn said:
what are you lot like.
I had a hernia op in day surgery and walked out and was out and about in 2 days.
it was larger than they thought and f*****g painfull.

and on that subject I had the chop on a monday and was playing football on the saturday.
:D
You are now officially my best friend. I've got a hernia, I don't think it's a very big one but my doctor said he'd refer me to a surgeon if 'it got worse'. This thread did NOT make pleasant reading until your marvellous contribution.. Thanks, I want one like yours.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh bugger, I'vejust read it again. You STILL said it was painful. Help. Mummy.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I also have a suspicious lump down there, but it's not giving me much gyp yet. I bet I know what it is though. I reckon we can trace this back to a certain event at Brighton race course Brovian...

Ooh, that all sounds a bit gay. I'm refererring to representing NSC in the pantomime horse race when we Brovian crouched down behind me and put his...

Oh I give up.

My brother had a hernia op and said it was the most painful thing EVER for a couple of days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here