Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't Bother With The Sunday Express

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
After a number of years buying the Sunday Express, I have just purchased my last edition.

Three weeks in a row, no mention of the Brighton game at all. None. Not even in the second division round up.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
that is because the express is a shit paper for people who want to buy the daily mail but are too embarassed to because they realise it is fascist scum so they think it will look more acceptable to the newsagent to get the express!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I am always more concerned what the newsagent thinks of me when choosing a newspaper than the quality of the paper.

Some clown in this house has bought the News of The World today and it is terrible. It does however include a rather nice picture of Abi Titmuss.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
fatboy said:

Some clown in this house has bought the News of The World today and it is terrible.

But at least the news of the world knows it is a bit shit and is just a bit of fun. The mail and express honestly believe themselves to be quality newspapers, broadsheets that are easier to hold is hown their readers regard them. I think they are in fact below all the red tops, even the daily sport!!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
the full harris said:
broadsheets that are easier to hold is hown their readers regard them.

Then they should be buying the mini Independent or the mini Times.

It makes me feel old that I read these now and no longer bother with The Sun or the NOTW.

levski seagull

Jul 7, 2003
brighton
the express used to be an o.k paper but the last year or so its really gone downhill,the final straw for me was harry harris saying last week that sven was gonna sacked on monday...the same monday he gets his contract extended...what a cock.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Never bought one in my life and now a good reason not to start

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
It's bloody awful. Cases in point: a few weeks ago they had a front page which was "TROOPS HOME IN ON BIN LADEN". After a fortnight, has anyone found the overly-hirsute terror fiend? I think not.

the full harris said:
that is because the express is a shit paper for people who want to buy the daily mail but are too embarassed to because they realise it is fascist scum so they think it will look more acceptable to the newsagent to get the express!
Not so much fascist scum...perhaps they actually say things that other papers are far too scared to say?

Then again, speaking your mind in public on certain issues doesn't seem to be politically correct anymore
:nono:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
The News of the World always carries something reasonable on Brighton, unlike the Mail, Express etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here