Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donny fans game?

Rigoglioso

Nov 7, 2006
Donny
Hi lads, Donny fan here in peace.

Well, well, well... what a nice surprise that was this morning with the fixtures. ;) I doubt even Shakespeare could have come up with such a romantic tale between two lovers, who have overcome adversity and despair in the past but are now paired together at the very beginning of an exciting new chapter.

Anyway, a few years ago when we last met back in the 2007/08 season, we managed to arrange a few "Fans Friendly" games.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to organise the team for you (I think someone called Hiney did it last time). I can get a team together at our end and we could have another trip down memory lane before the first ever game at Falmer.

Congratulations on all you have achieved in the past year. I read an interview with your chairman about this time last year and he said it would be his dream to see BHAFC in the Championship by the time you moved into Falmer.

He certainly got his wish. ;)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hi Rigo.

Kieran (El Presindente) did the (very wet) one up there, I did the two down here.

I'm way to busy right now to commit to one, but will be up for playing if someone else fronts up to do it.

The problem will be finding time though. At Withers we were happy to arrive at the ground at ten to 3. For this game, with the transport issues, and the novelty of the new ground to look round, we'd need to play at about 10.00am, to allow enough time after!

Cheers, Simon

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Further to my earlier, ill thought out response, it has been RIGHTLY pointed out to me, that there will be FAR more important things to be doing that day, than playing a fans game. So I'm out. Sorry :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm happy to try and organise at the Albion end, assuming we can get a pitch from the council that early in the season.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Happy to play or take some pics if it is indeed on the 6th August be down in the area I understand there may be another game or so on in the area. I played and took pics (only did about 20 mins on the pitch) in the game against the Doncaster Rsonits way back yonder in a Doncaster Park with jumpers for Goal posts.

I have suggested that on the day of the match there is a fans vs Albion staff (including as many explayers that played for us between 97 and 2011 that want to join in) at Withdean in aid of REMF. Could always do both make them 20 mins a half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here