Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster away attendance?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
How many tickets will Donny be allocated for the first game? the whole of the south stand, so 2,575? That's the maximum we have to offer. Now I don't know much about our friends up north but I would be very surprised if they brought even half that. On the other hand demand from Brighton for this game will be massive.

I just read that there is a clever rolling shutter system that will allow the club to open up parts of the away end to home fans when smaller clubs come to the Amex, allowing the away capacity be reduced to 5% for clubs with smaller away followings.

Any ideas what the club will do, or what Donny might bring? - if our tickets sell out straight away there could be many hundreds of Albion fans getting tickets in the away end? I presume it will be easy to get those tickets unless Donny have a very strict away ticketing scheme (and why would they).

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think they will bring too many to 'segregate' it.They might not fill it but it will cock us up for a full house i think.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don't think its a particularly clever system, it's just a door that separates the concourse in two. Most of their fans seem to think they'll sell it out anyway.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think they'll sell out. Opening game, first game at our new stadium, good relationship between the clubs, nice day out...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Really can't see them selling out at all. 1800 max.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Would we take 2500 up to Donny if the roles were reversed? No

They will not bring anywhere near that. Anything between 800-1200 and thats me feeling generous

I personally believe they can get close to selling their allocation, which is testement to the progress they have made in the last 25 years. Is my memory correct that they brought about 12 down for an evening match in about 1988, and they managed to stick them in the North stand to stop them getting wet?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I personally believe they can get close to selling their allocation, which is testement to the progress they have made in the last 25 years. Is my memory correct that they brought about 12 down for an evening match in about 1988, and they managed to stick them in the North stand to stop them getting wet?
Yep, it was 12 (I counted them) and they were put in the little cage that separated the North stand from the North east corner.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
One way they will sell their full allocation is if the full Donny allocation are put on sale early and Brighton's seats sell out very quickly. Then there are going to be a LOT of Brighton in the Donny end.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Head says 900
Heart says 2200

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One way they will sell their full allocation is if the full Donny allocation are put on sale early and Brighton's seats sell out very quickly. Then there are going to be a LOT of Brighton in the Donny end.

ssssshhhhh!!!!!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A lot of geeks might also attend this game in the away end as it is a brand new stadium which many fans will never visit unless they get us in the FA Cup.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Very true, the 92 club is quite a big thing these days.

Yes it is-that's why it would not be a surprise if they sold out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here