Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Wilkins Need An Experienced Assistant Manager To Help Him?

Does Wilkins Need An Experienced Assistant Manager To Help Him?

• Total voters

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
As I said on another thread, I think an experienced number 2 would help Wilkins loads, I really don't think the inexperienced management duo we currently have is working or can work given time, it seems there are too many mistakes being made, but I do believe Wilkins himself has the ability to do the job but he does need help at the moment due to his lack of experience he needs someone alongside him that has the knowledge, experience and tactical awareness of the assistant management role at league (not county) level and someone that can actually help him and give him the experience he needs.

That is all.

(Edit: 2nd poll option should read THINGS not THIS) :dunce: (If a mod would be so kind...)

scooter1

How soon is now?
get his bro in as assistant

Thats not a bad call. Or perhaps get an experienced mentor(similar to when Venables went to Middlesborough for a few months) to allow Wilkins to learn the ropes for a while. There's no doubting his pedigree at youth level, but where it counts - he seems to be lacking something, maybe its just experience(and a decent central midfielder, solid experienced centre back and shit hot winger)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone but Dean White - not sure what he brings to the club at all

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He had an experienced manager to learn off he was called Mark McGhee.

scooter1

How soon is now?
but why would any manager with any serious clout want to come to Brighton - shit ground, no playing budget and only 8 or 9 quality players(at this level). All the "name" managers that are available are siffing round the Champoinship waiting for the first wave of sackings around November time

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Give them another season. They need time, we don't have the money and i'd rather Falmer be our main priority. If the fans got behind the team they'd improve hugely, they are young and impressionable. This kind of sh!t is both boring and non constructive.

Can't wait to get out of Withdean!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Give them another season. They need time, we don't have the money and i'd rather Falmer be our main priority. If the fans got behind the team they'd improve hugely, they are young and impressionable. This kind of sh!t is both boring and non constructive.

Can't wait to get out of Withdean!

Do we have time to give them another season though?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Do we have time to give them another season though?

Yes, of course we do! Why don't we? They need support, not critisim.

I think a lot of people on here are expecting a top 3 finish the way they are harping on. Look at Doncaster, they are below us and have a brand new stadium, new manager and heaps of new players, there fans are rightly expecting a promotion season, yet they are not crying and calling for the managers head.

:glare:

Yes, of course we do! Why don't we? They need support, not critisim.

I think a lot of people on here are expecting a top 3 finish the way they are harping on. Look at Doncaster, they are below us and have a brand new stadium, new manager and heaps of new players, there fans are rightly expecting a promotion season, yet they are not crying and calling for the managers head.

:glare:

no, a lot of people are looking for signs of improvement and forward thinking. So far all we have seen is an "experiment" wiuth a few formations that have not worked at this "elevated" level of football.........................

Basically this team is stagnating

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here