Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does NSC Need A 'Vulnerable Posters' Policy?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What is needed is a forum with lots of soft cushions and no nasty sharp edges.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
he's actually registered on NSP where he'll find it a far rougher ride than NSC would ever give him.

Not true. NSP actually self polices quite swiftly. It may be distasteful in the extreme at times but there's less chance that someone will recieve abuse over there then there is on here.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wrong, it is not full of adults.

Grown ups, then. Basically not children

Wrong, there is no limit to how many posts a day you can do, or do we treat anyone any differant as to how many posts they have, the newbie JCL thing, whatever you want to call it is nothing more than a bit of fun.

I was being sarcastic, in response to some 'suggestions' from some posters the other day, LOL. I know it is a bit of fun, which, at the end of the day, is all NSC should be.

I love it on here, and I think the wide range of characters/personalities (even those that post views I don't agree with) add to its appeal.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If you post in every thread, post too much shit, draw attention to yourself too much, start outright attention seeking, post in an irritating way, make hundreds of post but never about football.....

All of these things are likely to get you a bit of stick or some gentle ribbing. Fine if you can handle that without getting upset but if you can't then you need to re-think your posting style and volume of posts.

Nobody attracts negative attention for no reason, if someone feels they are getting picked on they need to acknowledge that they've caused it in some way

Fair enough. I still maintain it takes all sorts to make NSC what it is, but survival of the fittest, and all that...

It seems to have happened over on the Argus site where some character called VegasSegull posted endless drivel (but most about the team, to be fair), and copped flack for it. It was pretty tedious, though, and now he seems to have facked off.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
People in this world die, suffer, starve etc all the time so being called a **** by a bunch of gimps on the internet really shouldn't be an issue for anybody with an ounce of mental strength. Luckily the majority of us have this so don't need to turn NSC into the setting of our own personal soap opera.

And there is NOTHING weird about celebrating the greatest living human being in pictorial form, especially when he's got his kit off!

It's the bunch of gimps that pass their time by giving people a hard time on an internet message board that worry me. There are some great things about NSC but the mind boggles over what some people on here get off on. Those who shout the loudest and most aggressive seem to have the thinnest skins if challenged or criticized.

I think is an interesting discussion about how we should behave on line, it is tough to maintain all our principles when sat behind the safety of our keyboards with our anonymous usernames. Some people do take it too seriously but generally I don't think it takes that long to get with the program.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I was being sarcastic, in response to some 'suggestions' from some posters the other day, LOL. I know it is a bit of fun, which, at the end of the day, is all NSC should be.

I love it on here, and I think the wide range of characters/personalities (even those that post views I don't agree with) add to its appeal.

:thumbsup:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can someone put me down for the Victim Support group please, thanks xxx

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Quite why anyone would share their deepest secrets with NSC is beyond me. But, anyone who spills out the kind of stuff Falkor did recently is clearly desperate and not necessarily thinking logically. Just looking for help wherever they can get it.

Its important to distinguish between the self-pitying bores and those with genuine mental illnesses who need help. Although some of the stuff on here is rather "soppy" at times, I'd take that over the tedious dribbling mouth-breathing meatheads from the school-of-hard-knocks-pull-yourself-together-you-fackin-mug brigade any day of the week.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Quite why anyone would share their deepest secrets with NSC is beyond me. But, anyone who spills out the kind of stuff Falkor did recently is clearly desperate and not necessarily thinking logically. Just looking for help wherever they can get it.

Its important to distinguish between the self-pitying bores and those with genuine mental illnesses who need help. Although some of the stuff on here is rather "soppy" at times, I'd take that over the tedious dribbling mouth-breathing meatheads from the school-of-hard-knocks-pull-yourself-together-you-fackin-mug brigade any day of the week.

That Falkor thread allowed someone who needed it to get some help and support from a community he is part of. If it helped him get through a bad night then I can't see the problem with it.

That Falkor thread allowed someone who needed it to get some help and support from a community he is part of. If it helped him get through a bad night then I can't see the problem with it.

Agreed to a point, but if you pin your hopes on a football messageboard to come to your aid during these dark moments then you may end up very disappointed.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Agreed to a point, but if you pin your hopes on a football messageboard to come to your aid during these dark moments then you may end up very disappointed.

Absolutely agree but he did and it helped him out in some way. Maybe he felt more comfortable being anonymous (okay, mostly anonymous) and turning to people he doesn't know too well. either way it helped him out.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
tumblr_lxjm4n4umw1rn1xxfo1_400.gif

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Been on here for some years now and still don't anyone on except my son on here.
And i go to every home game ! (and some aways :blush:)

Likewise I dont know anyone on here, (i did meet a chap at Notts Forsest but cant remember his user name,I had a few too many) as this is an open forum I cant see how TH's idea would work, I understand the need but at the same time I have posted some nonsense and taken a dig or two but thats life it would be the same if you meet others fans in the pub not always going to agree or even like each other, we are all vulnerable to a point but than as 00snook said no one is forced to post,and as the rules state you cannot be abusive to someone, maybe MODS should just delete offense things, which they do anyway

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

It's a matter of ying and yang. An NSC comprised solely of either of the types you've described would be utter dog turd, as seagulls chat is about to find out.

I agree and you can't argue that it was a bad thing, the bloke put up a flag in a place he knew some friends would see it - nothing wrong with that.

It was the love in afterwards which got a bit OTT and sickening (nothing to do with falkor), if you're going to do loads of mutual backslapping then do it in private otherwise it looks like your doing it for the wrong reasons. They helped out a mate who they had met and knew in real life, who wouldn't do that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here