Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Nigel Adkins remind anyone else of David Brent

Nov 10, 2011
I occasionally have the misfortune of listening/watching his post-match interviews and the way he speaks it's more as if he's the head of a FTSE 100 company, rather than the manager of a football team.

He used the word conducive in Saturday's interview after the bore draw with Birmingham...when was the last time you heard a manager use that word? Do the majority of Stains fans even know the meaning of the word?

I'd rather have Gus's heart-on-sleeve, passionate, sometimes humorous talk any day of the week.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I can see what you mean. To me, he sounds more like a cross between a police officer and a politician....i.e pre-programmed to the enth degree and speaking on auto-pilot.
There doesn't seem to be anything natural about his delivery. No off-the-cuff emotional stuff. Just clipped and precise, almost robotic.
His eyes seemed to be away with the fairies sometimes...almost as if he has been hypnotised.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's a pure politician. Everything he says is intricately pre-planned. He may as well be a robot.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He does a bit. He also strikes me as extremely arrogant. That being said, he is an excellent manager- tactical genius

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
What?

Attachments

• nigel_adkins_2033886c.jpg
    nigel_adkins_2033886c.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Tv_inbetweeners_3_simon_2_(1).jpg
    Tv_inbetweeners_3_simon_2_(1).jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 271

Oct 25, 2003
i hate his cheap glasses that he blatantly thinks are really trendy.........also his hair.....no male over the age of about 12, when you're first discovering hair gel, should have that hair style

apart from that he's ok

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He is a bit Brent, but then Pardew used to be the same, full of psycho-bullshit.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Any excuse for another view of the classic Eric Hitchmo scene :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here