Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Mark McGhee manage North Korea?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Don't you mean Stuart Pearce or was that the other way round?

I do think it is odd that countries are forced to pick three goalkeepers. It should be entirely up to them, but be forbidden from calling up another goalkeeper if one gets injured.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Brilliant attempt at getting around the rules without reading the rulebook beforehand!

There is nothing to stop goalies leaving their area and playing as strikers, maybe North Korea could play with 11 outfirld players, one of whom is dressed as a goalie.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Does that mean that if North Korea only had 14 eligible players due to fitness and/or suspension and during a match picked up 3 injuries and 'Kim' had to come on, that NK would be allowed to play with 2 gopalkeepers? :ohmy:

Does that mean that if North Korea only had 14 eligible players due to fitness and/or suspension and during a match picked up 3 injuries and 'Kim' had to come on, that NK would be allowed to play with 2 gopalkeepers? :ohmy:

I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the rules that says you can't play a goalkeeper outfield (I know David James did it a few years ago for Man City, in the last few minutes of the last game of the season when they were looking for a goal). Forcing teams to have three 'keepers in a squad is a farcical rule that realistically FIFA can't ever hope to enforce. Good on the North Koreans for pushing this.

D

Deleted User X18H

Surely the title would have been more amusing if it were 'Does Micky Adams manage North Korea'? As the Little Chef one, did have penchant for playing players out of position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here