Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Google...

Virgos Magician

Sep 13, 2004
Sydney
does Google freeze when it searches for whatever you're looking for, mine does. It either my pc or is it google itself. Everything else works fine when i laod stuff up.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Yeah get Firefox - classic 80's action film...

B00006RCOB.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
:clap:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
sounds like an issue with your PC. Through it out and buy a new one.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Virgos Magician said:
It is a new one.

By a newer one then

Though seriously sounds like spywear.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Half an hour, and still no incomprehensible showboating by MYOB. Is this a record?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
bhafc99 said:
Half an hour, and still no incomprehensible showboating by MYOB. Is this a record?

For the record MYOB does not showboat. He tries to pass on his considerable knowledge to those who need help. Why knock him for that ?

Virgos Magician

Sep 13, 2004
Sydney
The Great Cornholio said:
It isn't full of holes like IE and stops a large portion of spyware. A few poorly designed sites won't work with Firefox but 99.99% will. It will even import your Favourites and Cookies from IE.

just got it now and google dosen't freeze , thanks for the help :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Another happy soul converted to the beauty of Firefox.

And another one in the eye for Microsoft.

Lovely stuff

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Firefox is full of holes, any piece of software (especially those that open up your PC to access via ports) is full of holes. The problem with IE is that
a) it is the most obvious one to hack as businesses use it and so do most home users.
b) it is ridiculously closely tied to the Windows operating system.

Last edited:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
adrian29uk said:
Better still take a look at Linux running enlightenment, now thats what you call a modern os.

Ok we still need Windows for lots of other applications but it just shows what the open source community can do and how quicks things are changing.

Also watch out for open office coming to your google toolbar

http://free.pages.at/gimpel/e17_002.jpg

http://enlightenment.org/Enlightenm...eenshots/_images/screenshot2_png_preview.jpeg[/URL]

http://chneukirchen.org/blog/graphics/enlightenment.png[/URL]

Big problems with E17:

1: Its not finished

2: It can't be installed by anyone who wants to keep their sanity who isn't already a geek

3: It runs on UNIX systems, so see point 2 .

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
adrian29uk said:
You have too admit it thou it is nice. I downloaded the live cd .iso with this on the other night its great.

Its nice, and it both gains and suffers from its heritage - its not trying to be a bad Windows clone (KDE) or bad Mac clone (GNOME), but as a result, alienates most non-UNIX heads

Sure, my Indy had a context menu instead of a start menu in 1993, I've used them in computing all my life. No Windows people have, and Mac users don't even right click...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here