Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone want to join my....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
...'Gutted I Missed It Support Group'?

I am totally devastated. Deliberately avoided finding out the score until I watched the pathetic highlights on ITV, thoroughly expecting us to have been tonked 4 or 5-0. When I realised we'd won, don't think I've ever been so torn - ecstatic on the one hand but also distraught that I hadn't got my act together to get a ticket (I had another - quite boring - social event last night and went to that instead - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? ****ing hell. ARGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me there are other people out there in the same boat. Might make me feel a teeny weeny bit better.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I um'd and ah'd for ages-finally reserved some tickets Friday with the intention of picking them up Monday. Was in Brighton Monday for a meeting and the clun shop doesnt open till half 9. Couldnt get to the shop on the way back from the meeting and ended up not getting my tickets.

Was so so gutted! Still I will definitely be at Derby no matter what!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I've been absolutely skint for the past two weeks and simply couldn't afford to go. However, I was still vaguely considering buying a ticket up until Saturday (and just living off beans on toast until payday), but after the abysmal performance against Walsall, I thought "like f*** am I gonna shell out £30 to watch that shower of shit lose 6-0 to Man City".

Gutted now though, especially as the highlights of the game were so pathetically short.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yeah, me too. Wild horses, etc... I'd decided to blow out this other event and heard there were still 700 tickets for sale - but when I eventually got round to ringing up they'd sold out!! Almost as stupid as when I bought a ticket for the FA Cup match at Anfield in 1991 and decided I couldn't afford the train fare and sold it back to the club! It will take a long time for me to get over missing last night. Fortunately, I'm off on holiday tomorrow - should help take my mind off things! It's like forgetting to buy a lottery ticket and then all your numbers coming up.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Gutted now though, especially as the highlights of the game were so pathetically short.

I'm hoping the club will release a DVD... Why weren't Meridian covering it????

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I had priced up flights over (and I'm over in a week but that couldn't be moved - getting to the Chelts game instead) once the tickets went on general sale and decided it'd be too much hassle for a poor view of a tanking :(

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Haha, I know - we tried to persuade you to throw a sicky! Thanks for the link last night, btw. Fantastic.

I still can't believe I didn't go - what was I thinking???!!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know how you feel. I decided to swerve the Palace game at Smellhurst (the McShane Special) being as I was at that stage still waking up in the night covered in sweat and howling at the memory of being at that 5-0 nightmare. I was at a restaurant when I heard we were 1-0 up. Part of me wanted to CRY.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've been absolutely skint for the past two weeks and simply couldn't afford to go. However, I was still vaguely considering buying a ticket up until Saturday (and just living off beans on toast until payday), but after the abysmal performance against Walsall, I thought "like f*** am I gonna shell out £30 to watch that shower of shit lose 6-0 to Man City".

same as that mate, exactly

I'm so glad I listened to it on the radio though now at least, couple of beers, pizza, some pro evo a good alternative night in.

I almost switched my phone off and waited for the ITV "highlights". f***ing glad I didnt that was terrible. Tinxs You Tube video was ten million time better and longer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here