Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know what this is ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A little bit bagpuss, but I found this thing outside my flat last night in the street.

thing5fi.gif

The big ring is a good 25 centimetres of so across, and the small plate has holes to mount the thing on the wall.

Its solid metal and of good quality. So before I put the thing on ebay - WHAT IS IT ?

Last edited:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
something to hang ie hat and walking sticks?

Last edited:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Cock Ring?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
rogue said:
something to hang ie hat and walking sticks?

Can't see how you can hang anything on it. The swirly bit, loops down underneath the main ring. We thought it maybe some kind of pot holder, but I never seen one like that.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
It is a vase holder, not really of any use without the conical vase that came with it as it will only accept that type of vase.

If i am wrong, don't flame me, flame my missus, i know f##k all about vases, flowers, etc...........but she has spent a small fortune on them so should be a voice of authority on the subject.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Perhaps it is a plant holder, you put the pot in the ring bit, the curly bit with the knob on the end is just for decoration, I reckon the plate bit is a bracket.

What do I win?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Mind you it could be a contraceptive coil for an elephant, or Croydon girl as she is otherwise known...

bakesy said:
It is a vase holder, not really of any use without the conical vase that came with it as it will only accept that type of vase.

If i am wrong, don't flame me, flame my missus, i know f##k all about vases, flowers, etc...........but she has spent a small fortune on them so should be a voice of authority on the subject.

Indeed, I have seen similar ones, and own a less-similar variety right now that holds a potted plant.
That one will require the conical-bottomed glass before it's going to sell on eBay. If I were you I'd leave it outside someone else's place and pas on the mystery to their imagination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here