Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Anyone Know the Proposed Play-Off Dates?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I should know, but I don't.
I can't find this info anywhere (probably not looking in the right place?).
Not on official site fixture list or little card you get with your ST.
I know there's lots of confusion due to the final not being at Wembley?
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance. (Prepares for a mixture of helpful and humoruos replies!).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its normally May bank holiday time isn't it?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
It's all up in the air due to the Euro Cup final?
I need to know exactly to make sure I'm around, just in case.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
it has already been announced it will either be Millennium Stadium or Old Trafford ....... unless something has changed in the six weeks or so since I heard that news

just hunted around a bit and found this "old" news so maybe the Emirates are still in the mix

Manchester United have been asked to tender for the right to host the three-game package at the 76,212-capacity Old Trafford.

United chief operating officer Michael Bollingbroke has submitted the club’s bid to host next season’s Championship, League One and League Two play-off finals and a United spokesman has insisted that the club would be "delighted to host the play-offs" should their bid prove successful.

Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium, which hosted the play-off finals from 2001 to 2006 during the reconstruction of Wembley, and Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium are also believed to be under consideration as the Football League attempt to resolve the issue of staging the 2011 finals.

Oh the dates are the weekend of 28th May by the way

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
it has already been announced it will either be Millennium Stadium or Old Trafford ....... unless something has changed in the six weeks or so since I heard that news

just hunted around a bit and found this "old" news so maybe the Emirates are still in the mix

Manchester United have been asked to tender for the right to host the three-game package at the 76,212-capacity Old Trafford.

United chief operating officer Michael Bollingbroke has submitted the club’s bid to host next season’s Championship, League One and League Two play-off finals and a United spokesman has insisted that the club would be "delighted to host the play-offs" should their bid prove successful.

Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium, which hosted the play-off finals from 2001 to 2006 during the reconstruction of Wembley, and Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium are also believed to be under consideration as the Football League attempt to resolve the issue of staging the 2011 finals.

Oh the dates are the weekend of 28th May by the way

Thanks F.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here