Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know apart from Job Seekers Allowance what I can get as an unemployedster

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

1066gull

Yes, if your unemployed and not a student in full-time education, you should be eligible.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I seem to remember there was a sign up at the cinema in the Marina offering UB40 discounts for films. I am not sure whether that applies to the unemployer or whether you have to be a member of the band.

D

Deleted User X18H

Is this a bit of a fall from grace HB&B. Will you soon be "Hove Born & Bred living in Whitehawk until I sort a few things out"?

No.doubt it.............I don't have a mortgage on my current property and with a years salary in the bank ...I should be ok for a while oh and Mrs HB&B is going back to Land G in November!!!!!!!!!!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If you are on Income Based Job Seekers Allowance, then you will also be able to get Council Tax Benefit. You may still be entitled if you are on Contribution Based, but it will depend on the rest of your household income.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Is this a bit of a fall from grace HB&B. Will you soon be "Hove Born & Bred living in Whitehawk until I sort a few things out"?

More like 'Hove born and now on the bread line.'

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
housing benefit to help with rent (maybe mortgage?)m and council tax - all optons gonethrough when you first call JSA - they go through simple questions like where you last worked, where you live, any savings etc.

You can get help with mortgage payments but only the interest not the principle. This is paid by the DWP though not the council. Also only after 6 months.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I wouldn't be suprised if you can get discounted football tickets. They seem to offer concessions to anyone except students over the age of 21 these days. Why they seem to think an under 21 employed person needs a discount but a third year or mature student with no income doesn't is just beyond me. :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You can get help with mortgage payments but only the interest not the principle. This is paid by the DWP though not the council. Also only after 6 months.

9 months , interest only and limited

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here