Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

does anyone know any good NEW ska bands?

Oct 25, 2003
i likes my old ska i do.........and i've been trying to find some decent new bands to get into, but i can't find any decent ones

any recommendations?

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
You couldn't call either of them "new" but the Slackers and the Aggrolites are both current. I do enjoy a bit of Westbound Train too.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
You couldn't call either of them "new" but the Slackers and the Aggrolites are both current. I do enjoy a bit of Westbound Train too.

+1 there, 3 excellent bands

if you like the Aggros you cant do much worse then checking out Tim Armstrongs - A Poets Life..

Check out the vids on you Tube as well there's one where they are driving round Brighton

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I've heard that there's a new seven piece band from Camden around at the moment. They were called "The Invaders", but changed their name to "Madness". Look out for them, I think they'll go far.

:thumbsup:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9rf6y2Jd7CQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9rf6y2Jd7CQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
again, not new, but you Anglo's may not have experienced the majesty that is The Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra - try the aptly named High Numbers for probably their best of 13 odd albums as starter, best track being Natty Parade which simply kicks ass, ninja stylee...:cool:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Save Ferris & Reel Big Fish are not NEW are they!! :lolol:

Another band that is'nt new but are f***ing good is: King Blues

B-Rad

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
Try capdown, they have a few songs, ska wars, cousin cleotis, bitches n nike shoes, for example. they were a local band (hence the shout out!) that had played reading/leeds festival a few times. they have split up now though

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Kid British were good fun at V

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here