Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know about Paypal

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
They're reliable and they do pay regularly - otherwise they'd find it hard to be one of the biggest and most profitable internet firms

But their commision is pretty steep....

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
first class,never had a problem on e bay buying or selling using paypal go on e bay and check out their fee,s

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
3% plus 30c on Euro transactions last time I checked but I think they mailed me to say it was changing a while back.

eBay and PayPal work well togerher - because its the same company. "eBay Paypal Europe Inc." is a company based in Blanchardstown, Dublin....

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
seagull over spain said:
I am toying with using Paypal on my website do any of you have experience of dealing with them? Are they reliable? Do they pay up regular?

been using paypal for almost 2 years.
safe as houses m8y

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have been using paypal for a year and a half and no problems.

Apparantly there is a weakness where if somebody isn't happy with the goods that they have received their credit card company can obtain a refund without agreement, but I think this might be better now. Check out the ebay community boards http://forums.ebay.co.uk for questions and answers you will probably find paypal stuff in the payments and postage section

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
PayPal is cool, but watch the fees.

I sold something on eBay a few weeks ago for £200 and it cost me around £20 in eBay and PayPal fees.

If you're using PayPal for business you might want to add a surcharge for buyers, as some businesses do for credit cards (it's now against eBay rules to do that with auctions though).

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I use PayPal to take payments on my website.
It was dead easy to set up (I use Dreamweaver) and the system is 100% secure and reliable.

They take 3.4% per payment made to your PayPal account, plus 20 pence per transaction. So, for a £50.00 payment made to your account, they will take £1.90.
You can then have the money transferred to a bank account of your choice, and that costs another 25 pence.
Perhaps not the cheapest way of receiving money, but they are trusted by people, and they provide a brilliant service.

If you are likely to have huge amounts of customers, their rates are lower.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Wozza said:
PayPal is cool, but watch the fees.

I sold something on eBay a few weeks ago for £200 and it cost me around £20 in eBay and PayPal fees.

If you're using PayPal for business you might want to add a surcharge for buyers, as some businesses do for credit cards (it's now against eBay rules to do that with auctions though).
Don't use pay pal then there are other options as i have 6 items on there at the mo i.e car parts etc.

I wait for cheque to clear and then post :drink:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
for a bit of balance, i have heard of bad things with PayPal. In particular there are (apparently, ive not read the the T&C) some rather odious terms whereby PayPal can simply freeze your account and you have no recourse other than to sue for the money.

They are not a Bank so not regulated as one, and all the time the money is in the account its their's, not yours. just saying tis not a bed of roses, and transfer money out of the account asap.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
MYOB said:
They're reliable and they do pay regularly - otherwise they'd find it hard to be one of the biggest and most profitable internet firms

But their commision is pretty steep....

you're paying for reliability though...the best of all of the online settlement systems, now owned by ebay i believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here