Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

does anyone get the feeling............

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
that although undoubtedly its going to be a hard season we shall be seeing more exciting football being played by ourselves?

i think most people will agree that alot of games last season werent exactly pleasing on the eye. but with the signings of molango, jarrett maybe nicolas (i havent seen a pre season yet so cant really comment other than what ive read here) we seem to have a bit more skill and pace

i for one am much more confident that we can stay up and thats quite a change in my feeling as i thought we'd finish bottom about 3 weeks ago

yeh we'll lose a few but we'll go down attacking

bring on reading and lots of :drink: :drink: :drink:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
s.stubbs said:
We certainly will not lose 12 on row like last time we were in this division,that is what snookered us.

But crucially, will we win the games against the other relegation candidates this time? That also cost us dearly

Oct 25, 2003
mcghee isn't gonna take any shit from anyone, in some games last time certain players didn't look up for it(ie. zamora), if they do that this season mcghee will make sure they never do it again(i can see some sort of public hanging coming along)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
chips and gravy said:
But crucially, will we win the games against the other relegation candidates this time? That also cost us dearly

very true. I like to pin point our failure to stay up to loosing at home to Wednesday around easter. if we win those games this year, we'll be ok

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I have the strong feeling that we will stay up!

I also have a slight feeling that we could go to the Playoffs again! If the scum did it, so can we!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
3gulls said:
I have the strong feeling that we will stay up!

I also have a slight feeling that we could go to the Playoffs again! If the scum did it, so can we!

Dream on! We would have to get at least 75 points to do that. That equates to winning at least half our games, with about 10 draws. Allows for only about 12 defeats.

Albion Rob

beorhthelm said:
very true. I like to pin point our failure to stay up to loosing at home to Wednesday around easter. if we win those games this year, we'll be ok

Didn't we draw with Wednesday thanks to a Zamora penalty?

I'm in agreement about that Easter weekend though. We lost to Leicester and drew with Wednesday while Stoke got a win at Coventry thanks to a penalty that hit the post then hit the keeper and on the Monday Crossley was allowed to stay on despite handling about 10 yards outside the area as they went on to beat Wimbledon.

I also think early defeats to Grimsby and Walsall when we were toothless cost us dear.

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
I've been watching the albion div 1 video to prepare my self for this season. Still amazed by watching Mayo pull out blinders against Wolves and Derby - just hope he can sort himself out soon and get back to that form.
Even though half of that season was painful, the other half showed that we really could mix it with div 1 teams.
I think we're better prepared this season - although it does look a trickier league this year...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
berkshire seagull said:
rearly needed

Got something on your mind? The L is nowhere near the R on the keyboard so you can't blame a typing error :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Conceding fewer penalties this time would help.

Think we conceded about 13 last time around at this level, several from the once considerable bulk of Butters if memory serves me correctly. However, the new slimline version will eat strikers like David Johnson and Teddy Sheringham for breakfast this time around

:lolol:

chips and gravy said:

Exactly. It wasn't the run of defeats per se that sent us down - it was the home defeats to Grimsby and Stoke during that run which sent us down. We could still have lost all the other matches in that terrible run and stayed up if we had won those two matches. That was the difference between staying up and going down. In fact, if we had beaten Stoke we would have stayed up even if we still lost to Grimsby.

The lesson is simple - beat the other relegation candidates.

Last edited:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Satistically from the time that coppel took over we would have finished 9th if the season had started then. I dont expect us to be anywhere near consistant but as usual it fortress withdean that will be our saviuor. I cant see teams like leeds & west ham (even with BZ) fancying it.
Also last season we learmt how to grind out results, which while not pretty, got us promoted.
MM is looking to add a bit of flair tho i am concerned that Jarret has had disiplinery problems. Whereas im sure chalie et al will be the first to put him to rights, i hope its not disruptive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here