Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone else hate Shearer?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, I hate him.

One of the dirtiest players in the league who hardly ever seems to get punished for it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Really gifted player with an amazing goals to games ratio, but why oh why oh why does he always whinge to the referee about pretty much everything, Mr Shearer you are one of the best players to have graced the game, just get on with playing it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Gully said:
Really gifted player with an amazing goals to games ratio, but why oh why oh why does he always whinge to the referee about pretty much everything, Mr Shearer you are one of the best players to have graced the game, just get on with playing it.
i agree with that

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps we forget some of the great goals he has scored for our country.

He was awesome when we trounced Holland 4 - 1 at Euro '96

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Our best striker for years. I can't hate him.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Loved him when we wore an England shirt but a dirty player who gets away with anything.

Anyone hear about when he threatened to pull out of the Euro champs if found guilty of kicking Lennon in the head?

Getting dirtier as he gets slower as well.

Then again he did score 2 against Palace in his first Premier League game for Blackburn.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I really dislike and everything Newcastle United stand for, I'm afraid. If ever there was a club that takes advantage of the blind loyalty of its fans in order to a) totally rip them off for a huge profit; and b) exercise a degree of control freakery that Alastair Campbell would be proud of, then Newcastle United is it.

I hate Newcastle United. Sorry.

I did play cricket a few times for the third XI of Shearer's village.

Never met him though.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
If ever there was a club that takes advantage of the blind loyalty of its fans in order to a) totally rip them off for a huge profit; and b) exercise a degree of control freakery that Alastair Campbell would be proud of, then Newcastle United is it.

Sounds a bit like our very own Brighton & Hove Albion. :eek:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Don't think so Safeway. Someone from our club visits the most popular fans' message board every day to answer questions.

NUFC tried to shut down its fans' most popular messageboard.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Shearer is a boring, personality-free zone who's held onto his widow's peak far longer than he's been entitled to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here