Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dodgy Taxi Drivers

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Taxi drivers

Had a speight of taxi drivers recentlywho having set off from the rank have no f***ing idea where they are going. One did not know where the king and queen pub was but instead of taking direction drove round and round for ages, refusing to stop. When I eventually got him to take me and my mrs back to the rank he refused to let us out until we paid him 7 quid. Only when I told him to drive us to the police station did he let us out with no money exchanging hands.
Several others recntly have had to be directed to destinations, really no idea where they are going and last night one tried to cover up his meter and charge us 9 quid 60 for a 6 quid journey, when I pointed to his covered up meter he just said £6, no apology or owt.
What is going on, the fuckers charge enough these days as it is.
Took down numbers and reported them but surely they cannot be legit not knowing where anywhere is in Brighton?
Makes you worry for the womenfolk getting late night festive cabs back from pubs and clubs.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I had a small row with a chap who seemed intent on taking an incredibly long and cumbersome route back to my domicile from the town centre. It is expensive enough at (roughly) 20p every 9 seconds travelling at 30mph, without going on a sodding mystery tour. He ignored my directions and I eventually got out with half a mile to go as I refused to pay any more of the scam. Maddening. There is definitely business for a 27 bus after hours. Even if just at the weekends.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yeah, you have to have your wits about you bastards. I was more concerned for my other half as she was getting scared as it was getting quite heated between me and the driver when he would not unlock the doors, I would have not been impressed if someone had pulled that shit when she was on her own.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I hate getting taxis now from a night out, I normally wander up to st Peter's church rank now.

I swear most of them are illegal, a lot of rich Asians bought a lit of licenses and just let their mates drive.

Living in woodingdean it should be about the £12 mark, there are several ways to go but each driver takes a different longer route. End up telling them which was is quickest to save some money.

I had one a few weeks back that seemed ok but slowed to 25 mph along the racehill to bump the fare up so he got a few choice words and told to speed up the cheating bastard.

I refuse to tip now, I only tip a little bit if the driver can get me to my door without asking me where my road is, isn't that why they HAVE to do a knowledge test isn't it? To get us where we need? What if I had friends down from another town and needed to get a taxi to my house but didn't know where I lived and just had an address?

I use private hire taxis if I have a choice, they're generally English and know where there going and get you there cheaply, most foreign hackney drivers are thieving #*&$%!!!!!!!!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I hate getting taxis now from a night out, I normally wander up to st Peter's church rank now.

I swear most of them are illegal, a lot of rich Asians bought a lit of licenses and just let their mates drive.

Living in woodingdean it should be about the £12 mark, there are several ways to go but each driver takes a different longer route. End up telling them which was is quickest to save some money.

I had one a few weeks back that seemed ok but slowed to 25 mph along the racehill to bump the fare up so he got a few choice words and told to speed up the cheating bastard.

I refuse to tip now, I only tip a little bit if the driver can get me to my door without asking me where my road is, isn't that why they HAVE to do a knowledge test isn't it? To get us where we need? What if I had friends down from another town and needed to get a taxi to my house but didn't know where I lived and just had an address?

I use private hire taxis if I have a choice, they're generally English and know where there going and get you there cheaply, most foreign hackney drivers are thieving #*&$%!!!!!!!!!

Yes, loathed to do a Bushy but there are a lot of foreign guys all using the same license with no clue where to drive. Okay if you are local but they start to get very aggressive when challenged, not good.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I am usually very nice and chatty and give a tip but when they start trying to rip me off and then get aggresive with my girlfriend they can go f*** themselves the cheating fuckers. Surprised other, legit drivers aren't trying to do summat about them tbh

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I had one a few weeks back that seemed ok but slowed to 25 mph along the racehill to bump the fare up

You clearly haven't a clue.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Who should one report a phoney taxi driver to? I am certain I have had at least two in the past year or so whom did not match the license photo.

Whichever firm is on the side of the cab or if they get aggro, The Babylons

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Why is it that Cab drivers think they own the road? I especially love it when they just stop on double yellows right in front of you so you cant pass, take a f***ing age to sort the fare out then just turn in the road while the queues of traffic that have built up right behing you. Then drive away without the mearest gesture to say thanks for waiting.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
They do seem to be getting more and more arrogant. Christ, as if we don't get shafted enough in this town.

Jan 30, 2008
QUOTE=bhawoddy;4582908]Why is it that Cab drivers think they own the road? I especially love it when they just stop on double yellows right in front of you so you cant pass, take a f***ing age to sort the fare out then just turn in the road while the queues of traffic that have built up right behing you. Then drive away without the mearest gesture to say thanks for waiting.[/QUOTE]because their:wanker:.......... put the shoe on the other foot .

I have a mate who drives a taxi, and he's a really kind and polite, honest person.
It obviously varies, just like in any business.
I wonder how he does it though with wankers insulting him, farting while he's driving, doing runners, or liable to upchuck all over his upholstery and screw his night right up.
There's also a threat occasionally, of getting robbed or hurt.

Not a good number, in my opinion. Plus - other cabbies can get rude and nick clients, cut each other up at the ranks, or generally try to bully each other.
Shit job.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
A lot of Asian taxi drivers share the car and licence with their brother/father! Etc So can keep earning money all the time!
A cabby told me the other day that the Coptic Christian church on davigdor road in Hove buys the taxis for them and they share it and pay the church back!

Jan 30, 2008
A lot of Asian taxi drivers share the car and licence with their brother/father! Etc So can keep earning money all the time!
A cabby told me the other day that the Coptic Christian church on davigdor road in Hove buys the taxis for them and they share it and pay the church back!
do gooders WHO AREN'T HELPING ANYONE OUT IN THE LONG RUN

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have a mate who drives a taxi, and he's a really kind and polite, honest person.
It obviously varies, just like in any business.
I wonder how he does it though with wankers insulting him, farting while he's driving, doing runners, or liable to upchuck all over his upholstery and screw his night right up.
There's also a threat occasionally, of getting robbed or hurt.

Not a good number, in my opinion. Plus - other cabbies can get rude and nick clients, cut each other up at the ranks, or generally try to bully each other.
Shit job.

I agree and I am by no means tarring them all with the same brush. Some of them are only slightly trying to rip you off.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

If they are all licensed then this is a good idea, when they let any yeehaw in their family drive without a clue where anything is (seriously, what legit driver doesn't know where the King & Queen is?) and get aggro when confronted then they need to be investigated for the safety of the public.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here