Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you work for/know about Hastings Insurance Services in Bexhill (re.Peoples Choice)

I'm stuck at my mother's in Cheshire as I've bought her car but can't contact my old insurer Peoples Choice (whose parent company is HIS Ltd) as their no. is "invalid" and the website's been down for days, also they haven't replied to Saturday's emails. I have to use this insurer as my maximum NCD is too old for other companies to honour. Indeed, even their sister companies (Hastings Direct and Ensure) won't!
(More details on this thread
Which car insurers will honour NCD from 39 months ago? )

Does anyone know what is going on with this outfit?

Last edited:

My 9 years' No Claims Discount seems to be slipping from my grasp because Peoples Choice appears to have been closed down, yet the parent company's other operations won't acknowledge the relief.
Does anyone in the industry have any ideas about what I can do about the problem, please?

D

Deleted User X18H

Your current insurer have offered you indemnity for this said period. Additionally to this and so they maintain your custom and based on your record have offered you discounted premiums.

However any new insurer whether related to your original insurer or not, are not obliged to honour the amount of discount you feel you are entitled to or even contracted to receive.

The new insurer should however calculate their liability based on the known facts about yourself and their interpretation of you as an insurable interest . Similarly they might base their rating of any previous claim on the basis of a proximate cause.

Last edited:

The new insurer should however calculate their liability based on the known facts about yourself and their interpretation of you as an insurable interest . Similarly they might base their rating of any previous claim on the basis of a proximate cause.

That's not very practical when using comparison sites. I have also phoned up three separate insurers, none of whom will take NCD over two years old. Also, there was nothing forthcoming on this thread :(
Which car insurers will honour NCD from 39 months ago?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here