• It depends on Falmer

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Dont know

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This question is quite pertinent seeing we are approachingreaching the judgement day over Falmer.

My personal veiw is not yet, after all the freeloaders and scum sucking crooks weve had in charge I'm not trusting the board or Chairman to the players walk out at Falmer.

I am impressed so far with DK as he has delivered so far on what he has said(dont know about the 2,000 extra seats.) and dont want him to go(yet),but I still cant trust him.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep I trust him.

He may not be the wealthiest chairman but he is Albion through and through.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Dont altogether disagree with you Looney, but Knight has given me no reason NOT to trust him so far.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think he is trying to do all the right things and I think we will get there in some form.

What I am not so sure on is why he indulges in kit design ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
What I am not so sure on is his ability to find £50million for Falmer and so are many others.

Welcome back, that's more like it - thought you'd gone soft in the head

:lolol: :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
With supporters like FG and Ernest who needs enemies. The £50 million will come from a combination of grants, sponsorship and loans.

Nov 3, 2003
has silent tabelled the sums exactly where its all coiming from ? so i assume this means in reality that the club will no longer hold its own keys as so many others will. It still begs the question if he can do this for a sum 1000 times larger why cant silent get the dosh for sum decent players now?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
FG aka Football Genius. said:
has silent tabelled the sums exactly where its all coiming from ? so i assume this means in reality that the club will no longer hold its own keys as so many others will. It still begs the question if he can do this for a sum 1000 times larger why cant silent get the dosh for sum decent players now?

You know FG, you really should try and use spell check

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I honestly think all these delays etc was delibrate as never in my life seen so many delays and how slow dick is at doing things.

Well do you trust a man with a beard,well i'll wait til falmer and see.???

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I do trust Dick Knight, his heart is in the right place and he is albion through and through but I don't agree he is in touch with the average fan.

On the down side, I don't think he is a man for a crisis. He is always at the forefront lapping up the glory but tends to disappear when the fans need a front man most and need some kind of communication. His communication is poor for a man in his industry.

I don't mean this in an unkind way but I also don't believe he has the know how or the clout for an albion in Div 1 and above, as last year clearly showed. I don't know who the answer is and hopefully he will learn from the mistakes from last year when his guidance and management for that pre season was found out to be at best unprofessional.

My conclusion is that he is a legend and that I trust him but don't believe he has the ability or financial backing for the albion above division 2.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yeah I do.

What's the point in taking over a dead duck, working so hard to get back some of what the fans want (at least we got back to Brighton and won two trophies before last season's debacle) if you're susequently going to deliberatly f*** things up?

The delays with Falmer are much more to do with the local opposition and the ridiculous red tape in English planning. The fact that we even have it as an issue is down to Archer and Bellotti.

The board make mistakes and they should expect to be criticised when those mistakes are whoppers or they repeat them (e.g the problems with Brighton Uni, the AMS farce, the appointment of Hinshlewood as manager having made the same mistake with Jeff Wood) but generally we are in a position today where we are solvent, have silverware, and have Falmer in Prescott's in-tray because of DK's leadership. I know I couldn't have done it!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Guinness Boy said:
Yeah I do.

What's the point in taking over a dead duck, working so hard to get back some of what the fans want (at least we got back to Brighton and won two trophies before last season's debacle) if you're susequently going to deliberatly f*** things up?

The delays with Falmer are much more to do with the local opposition and the ridiculous red tape in English planning. The fact that we even have it as an issue is down to Archer and Bellotti.

The board make mistakes and they should expect to be criticised when those mistakes are whoppers or they repeat them (e.g the problems with Brighton Uni, the AMS farce, the appointment of Hinshlewood as manager having made the same mistake with Jeff Wood) but generally we are in a position today where we are solvent, have silverware, and have Falmer in Prescott's in-tray because of DK's leadership. I know I couldn't have done it!

ditto

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Guinness Boy said:
Yeah I do.

Good post and I agree with what you say. Its just that over the previous years I would have been able to go to loads more games if it wasn't for the scumbag belloti and co flogging the Goldstone. I haven't got over that yet and I think I wont untill we get a proper ground. I may be doing DK a major disservice but my suspicous feeling wont budge.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
looney said:
Good post and I agree with what you say. Its just that over the previous years I would have been able to go to loads more games if it wasn't for the scumbag belloti and co flogging the Goldstone. I haven't got over that yet and I think I wont untill we get a proper ground. I may be doing DK a major disservice but my suspicous feeling wont budge.

i have to say looney that is perhaps the only sensible argument i have ever heard not to trust dk 100% i don't think dk himself would disagree with you too much either

roll on falmer:)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It's not getting falmer or how big it should be that worries me, it is surviving until we get there that is my biggest concern, especially as we are now not selling out at Withdean.

The BIG question for me is can we survive another three years and be as competitive as we have been for the last three seasons when we were selling out Withdean.

I'm not so sure :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here