Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think you'd like Gus if he was the manager of Southampton?

What would you think of Gus if he managed Southampton

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Southampton fans, by and large, seem to dislike our Gus.

They think he looks like a monkey, they think his team play negatively and waste time, they think that his team have inherited stereotypical South American traits such as going down like a sack of shit. They think he says as many stupid thing as we accuse Adkins of.

We, however, love him.

Trying to be as objective as possible - if Gus was the manager of Saints, and had no prior involvement in the Albion, do you think you'd like him?

Last edited:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I like to think so, yes. He's a good footballing character and has never really bad mouthed other managers or players. Concentrates on his own team, unlike Soton's physio. It also helps that I liked him as a player too. I don't remember Adkins as a player

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
If he hadn't managed us before then no I doubt I would like him. If he went straight from us to them I would be in a right emotional quandary.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Grudging respect would be the order of the day. Much as we give Ian Munchkins.

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Probably not. That said I can't say that I particularly hate Adkins, yes he said some foolish things but he got egg on his face for that. Gus is a pest and irritates people quite well, but he is our's so I love him!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I loved him as a footballer; always smiling, played the game the right way, class act. He is also a brilliant interviewee; engaging, charismatic, passionate.

What's not to like?

He certainly isn't a smug, Scouse, David Brent sounding, physio.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think I'd hate the whining swarthy bastard to be honest.

He's one of those that you love when on your side, but would hate if on the other. Loads of characters like that in the game.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
I'd still like him, he's the best thing that's happened to this club.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Very doubtful says some pretty stupid things which I can see get other fans wound up but thankful its not going to happen!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I would admire him for having success as a manager(Assistant) at 2 clubs but I think his gob and brain have no direct connection or hes got lousy PR.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just to make it clear the question is posed assuming he had never been involved in the Albion, as is the case with Adkins now.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I don’t really like many managers to be honest and if Gus was the saints manager I’m sure I’d think he is a right knobhead with some of his antics but he’s not so I f***ing love him, his tantrums, his bitterness and above all his monkey head.

Stuff Nigel Adkins, he’s reminds me of a bloody regional sales manager or double glazing salesman…full of clichés and bullshit, appears to be a very good manager though (wanker)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The media seem to like him. Can you imagine Adkins or Freeman sitting on Sky TV`s couches making Peter Reid and Chris Kamara alternating between nodding their heads with approval and then pissing themselves with laughter when he acts up ? He is good tv.

Saints = Dagenham and Lambert................... that is funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here