Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you really laugh out loud

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
at some threads? I keep seeing references to coffee spat out onto the keyboard or monitor. I have seen some very funny things on here but not good enough to make me spit my coffee out in amusement :glare:

Please link to one that did it for you as a test for others to try
:lol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
No names, no packdrill and don't mean to fire it all up again but I defy anyone not to hear or read -

"Get back to reading your internet wife catalogue you strange bore. Or are you saving that particular piece of reading for next time you're slung into prison you sappy old hopalong gimp?" - and not laugh.

I read that out to a colleague of mine who doesn't know any of the people involved or even of the existence of NSC, or even what the Albion is (although I'm working on that) and he absolutely pissed himself.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lammy said:

I'm not a coffee drinker but there were moments when I was reading that thread where I'd have projected my beverage of choice all over the place, had I been drinking at the time.

However, I agree that "LOL" has to one of the biggest loads of shit posted and is probably accurate about 0.01% of the time.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Franks Wild Years update on his attempt to locate a leak having spend the past few days laying new floorboards genuinely had me laughing out loud... here it is below :clap:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afternoon all.
Well, just as I said I couldn't find the leak,(after 8 hours of ripping up ) I looked up as I phoned the plumber to see a dark stain spreading across the kitchen ceiling.
I ran up stairs, then back down again and up again once more. Once the panic had subsided I :
1. Removed the bathroom door.
2. Removed some skirting board.
3. Unscrewed some ply.
4. Started pinging up floor boards.

Now the thing is, when a nail goes through a plastic pipe it sort of seals itself. So water had been trickling out over 3-4 days.
However as I ripped up a particular floor board and the offending nail came out of the pipe I was hit full in the face by a water cannons torrent of cold water.

f*** me I shat my pants.

So floundering and blinded by this Niagran jet I grab the pipe to stem the flow.
OK ,so its not pissing out everywhere now, however after a couple of seconds it dawned on me that :
1. I was soaking wet.
2. As soon as I let go of the pipe it will carry on its biblesque flood.
3. I'm a twat.

Never mind, the wonders of the mobile phone will rescue me.
Oh no it wont, because all the ply I'd taken up down stairs I'd lent against the front door. So no fucker could get in even if I called them.
I sat there in a lake of cold water feeling my testicles shrinking in the artic temperature and thought to myself "wait till those jokers on NSC hear about this one" !!
The shame of this thought got me going. So I reached across to a distant bath towel, wrapped it around my hand and the pipe, quickly withdrew my hand, ran downstairs, jumped out the front window to the stop cock, jumped back in again to fetch a screwdriver to prise the cover open, back out again, turned off the water, and by the time I'd got back in "The Possideon Adventure's" credits were rolling a and the bathroom was flooded and the kitchen ceiling (freshly plastered and painted) was soaked.
I then spent two hours fixing the pipe and clearing up and another two hours replacing the door, renailing down boards and screwing down the ply. I finished at about half ten. Had a bath,went to bed and got up at 2.30am to go to work. Drove to Cardiff to be told we now weren't starting until two in the afternoon.
I drove home and went to bed.

So hows the DIY going? you ask.

Brilliantly thanks.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Bry Nylon said:
Franks Wild Years update on his attempt to locate a leak having spend the past few days laying new floorboards genuinely had me laughing out loud... here it is below :clap:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afternoon all.
Well, just as I said I couldn't find the leak,(after 8 hours of ripping up ) I looked up as I phoned the plumber to see a dark stain spreading across the kitchen ceiling.
I ran up stairs, then back down again and up again once more. Once the panic had subsided I :
1. Removed the bathroom door.
2. Removed some skirting board.
3. Unscrewed some ply.
4. Started pinging up floor boards.

Now the thing is, when a nail goes through a plastic pipe it sort of seals itself. So water had been trickling out over 3-4 days.
However as I ripped up a particular floor board and the offending nail came out of the pipe I was hit full in the face by a water cannons torrent of cold water.

f*** me I shat my pants.

So floundering and blinded by this Niagran jet I grab the pipe to stem the flow.
OK ,so its not pissing out everywhere now, however after a couple of seconds it dawned on me that :
1. I was soaking wet.
2. As soon as I let go of the pipe it will carry on its biblesque flood.
3. I'm a twat.

Never mind, the wonders of the mobile phone will rescue me.
Oh no it wont, because all the ply I'd taken up down stairs I'd lent against the front door. So no fucker could get in even if I called them.
I sat there in a lake of cold water feeling my testicles shrinking in the artic temperature and thought to myself "wait till those jokers on NSC hear about this one" !!
The shame of this thought got me going. So I reached across to a distant bath towel, wrapped it around my hand and the pipe, quickly withdrew my hand, ran downstairs, jumped out the front window to the stop cock, jumped back in again to fetch a screwdriver to prise the cover open, back out again, turned off the water, and by the time I'd got back in "The Possideon Adventure's" credits were rolling a and the bathroom was flooded and the kitchen ceiling (freshly plastered and painted) was soaked.
I then spent two hours fixing the pipe and clearing up and another two hours replacing the door, renailing down boards and screwing down the ply. I finished at about half ten. Had a bath,went to bed and got up at 2.30am to go to work. Drove to Cardiff to be told we now weren't starting until two in the afternoon.
I drove home and went to bed.

So hows the DIY going? you ask.

Brilliantly thanks.

First time I've read that, and yes, for one of the only times ever, I did laugh out loud.

Man of Harveys said:
I read that out to a colleague of mine who doesn't know any of the people involved or even of the existence of NSC, or even what the Albion is (although I'm working on that) and he absolutely pissed himself.

Hmm....you say to your workmates, here are these Albion fans in their 30s, 40s, 50s who flame each other using the language of 12-year-olds. They say, wow, that's great, it must be so cool to be an Albion fan ???

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
London Irish said:
Hmm....you say to your workmates, here are these Albion fans in their 30s, 40s, 50s who flame each other using the language of 12-year-olds. They say, wow, that's great, it must be so cool to be an Albion fan ???

Yep :thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
London Irish said:
Yes, exactly. You see, they're pretty intelligent people on the whole but they also have a sense of humour which is capable of encompassing the bawdy.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:

Were you not making knob gags and using the term 'init' last week????

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Actually, the other day, I leaned over to my colleague and, quoting Marcus Aurelius, quipped "he who has seen present things has seen all, both everything which has taken place from all eternity and everything which will be for time without end; for all things are of one kin and of one form." We all shat ourselves laughing at that. I hope that gives a good impression of all Albion fans, cos that's REALLY important.:dunce:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
Actually, the other day, I leaned over to my colleague and, quoting Marcus Aurelius, quipped "he who has seen present things has seen all, both everything which has taken place from all eternity and everything which will be for time without end; for all things are of one kin and of one form." We all shat ourselves laughing at that. I hope that gives a good impression of all Albion fans, cos that's REALLY important.:dunce:

Perhaps clever is cool now?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Man of Harveys said:

:lolol:

-edit-

Sorry I meant :)

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I do laugh out loud at quite a few threads. There is the comment MoH mentioned and indeed much of that thread, ditto for Dessiegate and the Dwarves thread that followed it, Simster and Trufflehound's reworkings of the cheese sarnie / handjob gag and odd posts by Bry Nylon and Franks Wild Years to name but a few. I also giggle at many of the GDC in jokes but I don't expect many oithers to get them.

I am, however, ridiculously easily amused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here