Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you like music more when you're a bit PISSED ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dunno about you, but once I'm a little bit tanked up, I can't stop listening to music. Its great sober, but once the old red mist descends, I end up listening to it all night on the headphones till I fall asleep and bloody loving it. Music is 10 times better when you're ahlf-cut.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Moreso when stoned. :smokin:

Different forms of inebriation increase your appreciation of different genres really.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agreed. That's when Oasis come in to their own - Morning Glory or Definitely Maybe are my fave albums to listen to when pissed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Silent Bob said:
Different forms of inebriation increase your appreciation of different genres really.
You know, you're bloody right.
If we were opposite each other right now in a bar at the pub, I'd be wholeheartedly agreeing with you, pointing and slurring in a slightly embarrassing manner.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
And I'd be saying "yor my besht mate you are" and then throwing up on your shoes. :)

E

enigma

I think the booze makes me more tolerant of cheese, and it makes me more likely to pretend to be some kind of great dancer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cheese and booze, a great combo...

Whatever happened to the Cheese & Wine parties of the '70s and '80s?

In fact, I think the next time I'm in the house I'll get some cocktail sticks, a tin of pineapple, some cheddar and a decent Rioja...

E

enigma

Pavilionaire said:

In fact, I think the next time I'm in the house I'll get some cocktail sticks, a tin of pineapple, some cheddar and a decent Rioja...

I meant cheesy music:lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What, like Steps? When I'm pissed they are definitely the last thing on my mind, it would be a tragedy if one of their CDs ever found its way into my collection...

E

enigma

Pavilionaire said:
What, like Steps? When I'm pissed they are definitely the last thing on my mind, it would be a tragedy if one of their CDs ever found its way into my collection...

I hate cheesy music. But if I'm out and about and it's on, I'm more likely to be tolerant of it if I'm pissed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My wife has loads of Steps CDs, whenever we're decorating out they come and the thing is I know all the f***ing words to every song on Steps Gold but I hate the band - how do I remember this shit?

E

enigma

Pavilionaire said:
My wife has loads of Steps CDs, whenever we're decorating out they come and the thing is I know all the f***ing words to every song on Steps Gold but I hate the band - how do I remember this shit?

You'd be surprised what you take in subconsciously, especially if it's played at you repeatedly.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i think you'll find the blonde curly bint has a fair bit to do wiyh it............my drug of choice for listening to my favourite music would have to be an uncle ernie or three.........:)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
This place just gets better and better.

Nsc also gets funnier the more you drink ;)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Pavilionaire said:

The have been replaced by Candlelite, Virgin V - Jewellery, and Body Shop parties. My wife hold one of these for all her friends once every 6 weeks or so.

Its not actually as bad as it seems as they all go out to the conservatory while I drink the wine they have all bought with them and eat the nibbles and cheese from the cheeseboard that we prepare whilst either watching a film or playing poker on the pc.

Last edited:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
gazwag said:
The have been replaced by Candlelite, Virgin V - Jewellery, and Body Shop parties. My wife hold one of these for all her friends once every 6 weeks or so.

Its not actually as bad as it seems as they all go out to the conservatory while I drink the wine they have all bought with them and eat the nibbles and cheese from the cheeseboard that we prepare whilst either watching a film or playing poker on the pc.

Get her to have an Ann Summers party. Then you can beat off to them all trying on the gear as you watch through your strategically placed glory hole.

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here