Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you know any DHL couriers?

I was interested in self-employed opportunities for couriers with DHL, but the ad said potential earnings can range from £400-600 per month. As you need to be able to make 30-40 deliveries per day, I was presuming that this was after expenses. Does anyone know how worthwhile this business is?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£600 a month ?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I have a mate who does it. I think he gets 80p per delivery. Only starts about 4 o'clock as if people aren't at home you have to return.
Some times there are only 20 parcels on his original patch so he took on two adjoining.
All your expenses come out of the 80p.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I have a mate who does it. I think he gets 80p per delivery. Only starts about 4 o'clock as if people aren't at home you have to return.
Some times there are only 20 parcels on his original patch so he took on two adjoining.
All your expenses come out of the 80p.

So lets say he does 40 drops a day that works out at £32. I'm guessing it depends how far away the depot is from your start point and the route but surely you're going to do a minimum of a tenners worth of fuel not to mention the wear and tear on your motor.

No wonder people are happy being on the dole!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
i know someone who does it, self employed for a company in Newhaven, not sure what its called...not DHL or any like that, he got a good area in central Brighton to cover so all deliveries are really close together, on a good day he delivering well over a 100 a day for £1 a parcel. If you dont get a good area will be a lot harder i would imagine. Good time to do it now with xmas on the way.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So lets say he does 40 drops a day that works out at £32. I'm guessing it depends how far away the depot is from your start point and the route but surely you're going to do a minimum of a tenners worth of fuel not to mention the wear and tear on your motor.

No wonder people are happy being on the dole!

The parcels are delivered to his home, I think. It's all pretty close to his home so a fiver might cover fuel. The paperwork is all sent via his computer, so some homework.
He only does it for pocket money, but your never going to get rich doing it.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
DHL pay about £80 a day if you actually work for them, being self emloyed you probably got to do a lot more to make more money than that plus you got your van to look after too and fuel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here