Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you keep your programmes?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I must admit I do, much to the annoyance of my Mrs. I've got hundreds in the loft from when I started supporting in 1979.

Nothing annoys me more than when I go to an away game and I haven't been able to get a programme through not finding the sales point or the club running out.

Every now and again I like to dig a few out and have a read. Once I came across the home programme from when Bill Archer joined the board - I almost spat out my cuppa! If I find it again I'll post the article - I guarantee it'll make you vomit!

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Yer I keep all of mine. I've still got my one from the last game at the Goldstone, there is a classic article in it from Belloti.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Have all of my mine. I have programmes for all but two of the games I've ever been to, plus fanzines, important copies of the Argus and footie magazines. I also have music, motor racing and airshow programmes, too.

Though this year I went to an airshow and didn't buy one - first time ever, they wanted £7.50! And for the first time at a footbal match yesterday I thought "why did I bother" until I got to the 1993-94 season review as I was at the Elm Park chamionship clincher.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I keep them for a season and then go through them to sort out the ones I want to keep permanently (ie really significant matches).

I pass on the others to a charity who can use them.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Ive stopped buying them now they are so expensive.I have many of the old ones from when i was a kid,88-onwards.Its good to get them out and a have a read now and again.
When i purchase my own house i shall put a shelf up in the bathroom for them as i think they maake excellent toilet reading material.

Digmut

Jul 14, 2003
Ashford Kent
Deffo keep all mine!
Have just bought another binder ready for this season

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Only for away games or significant games, ie play-off's, last Goldstone game etc. don't even buy home programmes.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I keep all of mine, and a task for the next few months is to collect them all into one place and sort them out, as they've been mainly boxed for my last 3 home moves and are now in disarray.

I wish I (or my dad) hadn't written on so many of them, though!

There are probably only a few I haven't got from games I've been to. Bristol City away in the season we won the championship is one that I remember a desperate search for a programme that was in vain. I also totally forgot to buy one at Luton last year, but got one later from the club shop.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i'm a collector unfortunately (sp?) :)

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I still have most of my programmes from all the home matches since 1997.

Last Friday I had to do my annual cupboard reshuffle to make way for the new seasons programmes.
:)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Keep the home ones for no reason really! :jester: Rarely bother with away ones because they're usually rubbish. If I get one I keep it though.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
I do home and away.

This seaon I might even go into the club shop and get programmes from away games I have unforunately had to miss. A full set I would be very proud of

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I used to collect programmes mentalistically. I've got almost all the homes from the early years of my supporterhood... 92-97, and quite a few up to 2000. They're in shoe boxes at my mum's house. I also went to a few programme fairs, and bought old collectable Brighton programmes. But for a reason I still can't really fathom, I stopped buying them almost totally after that. Apart from the playoff finl, I can't actually remember when I last bought one. Perhaps it's cos a programme costs approx the same as 1 and a half pints, and I know which I'd rather have pre-match...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here