Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you HONESTLY believe Paul Ince is in the running?

Well?

• Never in the running - PR stunt

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Never in the running - Media putting 2 and 2 together and getting 39

Votes: 76 60.8%
  • DEFO in the running

Votes: 25 20.0%

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well? Do you?

The general consensus on here and in the media is that he is, but this could easily have been a case of rumour-mongering and PR.

Ince's agent, who one assumes would know, says no, he is not. More to the point he says there has not even been any contact between the club and Ince.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would say never in the running. I blame the NSC rumour mill for this one.

What is printed on NSC gets printed in the argus. What is printed in the argus gets reported in national papers because the name 'Paul Ince' is involved. I don't think Knight is involved in creating these rumours at all.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think it coming from somewhat higher up than the fans...

I just don't think the board, especially Mr Knight, want to admit to the low calibre of applicants and are perhaps throwing a few rogue names out to the press.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Richie - have you become the unofficial spokesman for the Albion-related media?

I just don't think the board, especially Mr Knight, want to admit to the low calibre of applicants and are perhaps throwing a few rogue names out to the press.

Ah - that'll be a yes then!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not sure what you mean.

I do however think that the Brighton job has become HUGELY unattractive. Poor league position, high turn-over of recent managers, next to no money, falling attendances, poor coaching infrastructure. I don't think any tops names would be interested anymore and, because this would be seen by some to reflect on the way the club is run, it would be in the best interests of the chairman and board to leak out a few high-profile names.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

I can't see that at all and find it laughable. What have they got to gain by pretending to have 'higher' calibre applicants? Absolutely nothing.

In any case, judging by many comments on NSC, Gannon is a higher calibre applicant than Ince.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Not sure what you mean.

I do however think that the Brighton job has become HUGELY unattractive. Poor league position, high turn-over of recent managers, next to no money, falling attendances, poor coaching infrastructure. I don't think any tops names would be interested anymore and, because this would be seen by some to reflect on the way the club is run, it would be in the best interests of the chairman and board to leak out a few high-profile names.

I swear you must live in such a sad world. Cheer up, try optimism.

Poor league position: a lot of room for improvement, It's not like we're overachieving. Whereas, Micky took over when in my opinion we did overachieve and got 7th.

High Turn-over of recent managers: Yes, that is a worry. But means if you go (with a big pay out) then you won't look awful, it'll look standard. Also, if you do well and stay fans will be tremendously loyal.

Next to no money: debateable, spent probably half a million from last summer on players (including loans). but, if not given much money, expectations will be low and fans will not like the board (not you). Though, to be honest, I disagree that they won't have much money.

Falling attendances: if you can get that back up you're going to get a great deal of respect from the board, and a great deal of loyalty. We clearly have a lot of potential in the attendance stakes.

Poor coaching infrastructure: debateable, yet again. Don't forget the 3 promotions. But, again another excuse and place to stamp your mark, so not all bad, and with views like this from a fan ( I am prosuming you are one) would suggest to a manager that if they do well they will be praised tremendously. But again, I don't actually agree with you. If we had such a poor coaching team, how come many of our coaches move on to better things...

And what about the positives, that, unsurprisingly, you have failed to mention...

Falmer - a chance to lead a brighton revolution, and although a lot of pressure will come from it ,I think our first season there will be a very sucessful season - they'll look fantastic.

Good status within the community - a chance to get involved in the wider implication of society, and a chance to win awards.

Young squad with a good youth system - debateable, I know, but again a chance to make an impact.

Many more...

You seem to be presuming that a manager will come to Brighton with a very short-term view for it to be easy... is that the kind of manager you actually want?

The Brighton job is for someone ambitious, who I would say we all want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here