Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you clap the away attendance announcement?

Do you clap the away attendance announcement?

• Yes

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 69.5%

• Total voters

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Only if other people around me do so, like for the Peterbrough game at the start of the season. I won't ever join in the booing for an away team when their attendance is read out - like for the Burnley game.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
As been said in another thread possibly the best way to stop this 'happy clapping' would be to not read out the away attendance...

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
No, not even if they have travelled the length of the country on a cold Tuesday night in January. Nor would I expect the compliment to be reciprocated when I travel away. Just not the done thing and makes me cringe every time sat down in WSL Block A.

What I do expect though is players to acknowledge their away following (however good/bad the performance), which we normally always get from our players.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I clapped Wrexham as they were very good, the rest - no. Much prefer a good old BOOOOOOO

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sometimes. If you have a few hundred hardy souls travel a loooong way for an evening game, then yeah, why not, give them a clap, as they are supporters like you and me, who just happen to be born in a different part of the country. But on other occasions, naah, Ipswich for example, wasn't about to clap them, they'd kind of turned me against them somehow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here