Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you agree with Palace fans boycotting Ipswich

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I could hear them on SSN when they went 1-0 up. I don't think its every palace fan but from what I heard they could have still took good numbers up.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I could hear them on SSN when they went 1-0 up. I don't think its every palace fan but from what I heard they could have still took good numbers up.

To be fair, that was straight after they had scored so I would be surprised if you couldn't hear them.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Its hard to afford football matches for a palace fans. 1 away day and all the money from their giro is gone. Im sure the 11,000 die hards will be at Selhurst for their next game

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
and charge £25-30 themselves. very confusing, will they be boycotting home games too?

would it be noticed much...

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I think it's pathetic, it's 5/6 quid different to what they charge.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Having been to Ipswich recently I have to agree that I would not pay over £30 to go again.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I think Ipswich have got a promotion on for this game and Palace fans feel that they should also have the offer open to them.
Ipswich STH can bring a mate for only £10, if it was a case of £10 general sale then I think the Palace fans would have a ponint but its more of a case of one of them local promotions that each club can do twice a season.

Feb 14, 2010
Football is expensive. I went to Chelsea the other week with a group of Chelsea fans, it cost £55. I went to Millwall to see the Albion and it cost about £25, which at the time I thought was OK. However I then went to the English National Opera in the west end and the ticket was £19 (OK not the best seat in the house) but it made me think. Millwall v Brighton was more expensive than a night at the opera and Chelsea was almost 3 times more expensive than the opera. There are other things to do in life than football and so I don't know about a boycott but if they want to spend the cash doing something else then fair enough. Brighton are selling out and so nobody can moan about the prices, but Ive reached the tipping point in football pricing, and so I wont go to more than 5 to 10 games a season these days unless Ive a work do when Im not paying.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
That's a new one!

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4466276 said:
I thought it was an issue getting the caravans down the bumpy tracks across East Anglia and all the way to Portman Road...
originality_large.jpeg

Apparently over 2000 went anyway.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fair is fair mind , if it was roles reversed I don't doubt for a SECOND there would be a thread on one of the Palace boards of pages and pages of "gay jokes"

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Ignore the 2000 that was bollocks, officially 1300. Last year we had about 1633 so not much of a boycott.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Fair is fair mind , if it was roles reversed I don't doubt for a SECOND there would be a thread on one of the Palace boards of pages and pages of "gay jokes"

Not from me .In the sentence gay Brighton bastard the insult is in the second word.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Personally I think it's pathetic, Prices may be high yes but if you loved your club that much then you'd pay whatever to see them no matter what ground it's at.
hmmmmmm not so sure that's 100% true , I'm slowly getting priced out of football - does that make me less of a fan? course it bloody doesn't nor should it make anyone else

remember we are still at a point where layoffs and whatever are rife , charging nigh on 40 quid + misc for 90 minutes football is taking the piss abit.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
shame there's not more of this

football has gone stupid

tevez epitomises everything wrong with the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here