Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we have the most easy going fans?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
On football focus Gordon Strachan was saying that he wouldn't take the Portsmoouth job because it would be an impossible job with his connections to Southampton and this got me thinking.
We gladly took ex-palace manager Coppell and got behind him. Also, whilst other clubs slate their players for leaving for bigger and better things we seem to say good luck to him (Zamora) or you couldn't blame him if he did (Harding).
Are we just easy going or have we resigned ourselves to the inevitable because of our situation :shrug:.
Your thoughts?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I think it is due to the turmoil we have been through since Archer et all, everything else seems so trivial

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
:lolol: Well put.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
dont think we all gladly took Coppell in, Personally I was happy with his past achievements and hoped he'd be good for us (which he was) but I know qute a few who hated his appointement, then they we're delighted when he left!
You could argue that they dont want the best for the club, but rivalry does run pretty deep. Overall I think our fans are a fickle bunch and moan at the slightest thing...not just on NSC but in general...but we are all good at heart ;)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think the point that Strachan was making was not about the reaction of Portsmouth fans, rather what the Southampton fans would think of him. He said about how he still lives in the area and would like to be able to continue doing so.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Richie Morris said:
I think the point that Strachan was making was not about the reaction of Portsmouth fans, rather what the Southampton fans would think of him. He said about how he still lives in the area and would like to be able to continue doing so.
But still an example of pettyness of fans. Ok, then take George Graham as an example instead. He was a hugely successful manager at Arsenal but was given a really hard time by Totenham fans. I don't think we would have been the same.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not all Tottenham fans gave him a hard time. Especially when they won the Worthington Cup.

Also, with Spurs I think it had as much to do with the style of play Graham was famous for, which was the exact opposite to what Spurs fans demand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here