Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we get a rebate from our water bills now?

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
This time next year it will be the usual from the water companies
Hose pipe bans , Reservours half full etc etc.
We even have an advert on the radio saying this is a water stressed area.WHAT A JOKE
WHY DONT THESE WATER COMPANIES BUILD MORE RESERVOIRS ??
plus why dont we get some of these storm drains linked up to reservoirs as well.
Rather than worry about profits the government should get the foreign owners to spend more on infastructure than bonuses and shares for their fatcat bosses:rant:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
You will be paying for leaks now then

From my understanding, only if the leak happens inside your house. Any leaks in the pipeline leading up to your house aren't measured because the meter only measure the water that goes through it, into your plumbing.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

You will be paying for leaks now then
Having just received a leakage allowance of about £25,000 from South East Water, I'm fairly well disposed towards the water companies at the moment. That wasn't the case when the bill for £25,657.01 first arrived.

From my understanding, only if the leak happens inside your house. Any leaks in the pipeline leading up to your house aren't measured because the meter only measure the water that goes through it, into your plumbing.
That's correct, but our meter is 3 miles away!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Every home in Brighton and Hove is being forcibly fitted with a water meter in 2013. This displeases me a lot.

Why? As a result we are now paying much less for our water bill here. Happy Days.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
The alternative is to build saltwater reservoirs off the coastline, and pipe it back in through filtration units. I know for a fact Southern Water are at least looking at building one, if not actually putting that into practice.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Like it or not, it's the fairest way of doing it - and because people will think twice about wasting water, it is expected to save a massive quantity of it too.

Have you watched the News or read a paper lately? Half of the country is underwater and it's getting worse as we speak. All the previous poster was suggesting was make the owners of water resource link it all up so we don't have perpetual feast or famine with our f***ing life sustenance. They get a bigger dividend when they don't spend on infrastructure and, as they are foreign monopolies,they don't give a shit about Joe public washing his kids at a standpipe come August.

I'll make it easy for you to grasp. DIG MORE RESEVOIRS and put in the pipes to move water about in times of need. Renationalise water for gods sake. The climate is changing very quickly and, patently, this situation will get worse and worse going forward.

SAVE a massive amount? Jesus wept we should be building Arks not metering every fuckers water.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If you wnat to see expensive water, move to Devon. You'll see how cheap you're getting it in comparison then!

You must laugh like a drain when you look out of your kitchen window and see the Ark Royal steaming past your rockery and then open your water bill to find the twats are arse raping you for something that, at the moment, you seem to have a lot of for free.

If you want to see laughably large water bills move to Shenfield in Essex where two companies manage the water. One gives it and the other taketh it away..we used to get ludicrous charges for repairs to sewers locally on top of our usage estimate...there was two of us, the estimate would have better suited 22 rugby playing OCD hand washers and compulsive showerers

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
This time next year it will be the usual from the water companies
Hose pipe bans , Reservours half full etc etc.
We even have an advert on the radio saying this is a water stressed area.WHAT A JOKE
WHY DONT THESE WATER COMPANIES BUILD MORE RESERVOIRS ??
plus why dont we get some of these storm drains linked up to reservoirs as well.
Rather than worry about profits the government should get the foreign owners to spend more on infastructure than bonuses and shares for their fatcat bosses:rant:

They had them 30 odd years ago when they had to have provision for 3 dry summers. Someone in a suit, somewhere changed the rules to a ludicrous 1 dry summer cue the Water Companies selling off the now spare ones and the adjoining lands to developers. We'll never know, but the guy that changed the rules got some very nice Xmas presents that year

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
we have been on a meter in Crawley for about a year now and to be honest my yearly bill has come down by about £20, but hard to see if that is reality as I only watered the garden about 3 times throughout the summer!!

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
It's a screwed up business model where water companies take out large adverts asking you to not use their product

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here