Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do many people watch F1?

Do you watch F1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I've seen this freesat thingy! Do you have any idea how much it would set you back?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I've seen this freesat thingy! Do you have any idea how much it would set you back?

I think you are looking at around a £200 payout to get up and running from scratch.

That's for a box,dish and installation.

Do a Google. :)

I'm on SKY HD, but could be looking at Freesat HD when they get more HD channels up and running. :)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think you are looking at around a £200 payout to get up and running from scratch.

That's for a box,dish and installation.

Do a Google. :)

I'm on SKY HD, but could be looking at Freesat HD when they get more HD channels up and running. :)

This seems quite a lot! I suppose it is a one off payment tho....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A good GP, of which there have been quite a few over the last couple of years, is just as exciting and enjoyable as a good game of football or rugby to me. Loving F1 at the moment

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I pretty much stopped watching F1 when it made the switch to ITV, I just could'nt stand the adverts especially when we missed decent passes or crashes. I watch the odd highlights program now and may tune in more when it goes back to the Beeb next year, but Touring Cars/NASCAR/Truck Racing/RallyCross or pretty much anything on MotorsTV is much more my cuppa tea!

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Have watched it religously since the early 80's, with the exception of the early 2000's during the Schumacher domination. Its refreshing these days to see about 4 or 5 drivers in with a chance of wining.
Usually try to get to at least one GP a year (but not this year :down:), although not the British GP as its a complete rip-off!
Watch other stuff if have time (Nascar/IRL/DTM/WTCC etc).
In the last couple of years have also started watching MotoGP.

With the exception of the Adverts I don't think ITV have done a bad job with F1.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

I live in a block of flats with a communal dish. I all needed to do was get old of a second hand box, which I got for nothing of a friend. Then it is a 1 off payment of £20 for the card. You do not need the card for some channels but do if you want Channel 4 and 5 for some reason.

If you have nothing WHSmiths have a stand where you pick up a book, call sky and they give you the box, dish and card for about £100. They also give you Sky free for 4 months.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I find it hypnotic.
I really don't like it, although as the good Dr says, it's better now Schumacher has left, and a Brit is in the mix.
But I still watch the seemingly endless parade.
I've tried watching MotoGP as it has everything I want from F1, thrills, spills overtaking etc, but I just can't 'get it'.
So I sit watch (usually nodding of for an hour after 1st pitstops) F1 then think 'well that was a pointless 2 hours.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If they'd make the cars narrower so they could overtake, it might just become exciting again.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
If they'd make the cars narrower so they could overtake, it might just become exciting again.

screw that, now that they got rid of TC they need 100% slick tyres, no ABS & less Computer Management systems.....i.e. give the car back to the Driver to handle and voila...overtaking!
They have all the safety systems in place but they're too scared to go back to the Pre-Senna days.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its interesting for the first lap or two when there are crashes... or watching the highlights maybe. but the actual "race" is pretty dull, possibly one of the dullest sports there is. the politics around it is far more interesting.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
used to watch it religiously back at the start of the decade, getting up at ludicrous times to watch it LIVE

lost interest for a bit with all the team orders bollocks, but now starting to get back into it

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
its interesting for the first lap or two when there are crashes... or watching the highlights maybe. but the actual "race" is pretty dull, possibly one of the dullest sports there is. the politics around it is far more interesting.

They can be boring - but so can a football match. The majority of this season's races have been pretty exciting from start to finish.

I've been watching it since the mid-90's and have watched pretty much every race since then. There was a period where it was really dull and I just watched through habit, and then a period where I did miss a few because I couldn't be arsed, but its well and truley good again now and I'm loving it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here