Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do cats react to music they like

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My cat, Roly, is rather enjoying nodding his head along to 'Pop Shit' by ODB (RIP) right now and seems to be well enjoying it but innit all just noise to felines.

(Last thread, promise)

my cat hates Fat Boy Slim and will be out of the room after i 1 or 2 beats

LC

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not sure about cats, but my budgies certainly let me know if they don't like something.

They generally have good taste, though, and sing along to most of what I listen to. :cool:

Last edited:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
My family's don't - and no matter how hard you try, the miserable fuckers won't look at themselves in the mirror... Why is that?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
SussexSpur said:
My family's don't - and no matter how hard you try, the miserable fuckers won't look at themselves in the mirror... Why is that?

One of my old cats attacked herself in a mirror once when looking at her, funny as f*** that was. nearly as funny as the time when two other cats I have, one sitting on the window ledge outside of the house, one itting on the window seal inside the house, they both decided to try and fight each other and were hitting each other even though there was a window there, you wouldn't believe me but you would just have had to be there!

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
When I play Polyphonic Spree it's the only time my two cats sit in the same room together without fighting. I think they are wondering if I've joined a cult.

:drink:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Had a cat once that loved (my parent's) soundtrack to South Pacific and actually sat and watched the film once. The only album that my current cat has reacted to is Atem by Tangerine Dream

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
SussexSpur said:

It's a 'knowledge of self' thing. Cats, like most animals, have no concept of self and see a relection as another cat and hence try to avoid aggressive eye contact. Chimps on the other hand do have at least a limited knowledge of self and so like to preen themselves and look at their own arses.

Last edited:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Yes, definately. I noticed yesterday all three cats swarmed around me when I had Snow Patrol on, but wouldn't come near the room when I put Greenday on....

I thought I was mad noticing something like that, but no, there's always NSC to make you feel normal again :dunce:

Hungry Joe said:
It's a 'knowledge of self' thing. Cats, like most animals, have no concept of self and see a relection as another cat and hence try to avoid aggressive eye contact. Chimps on the other hand do have at least a limited knowledge of self and so like to preen themselves and look at their own arses.

who doesn't?

Cats are like women, they have to ask some poor bloke if what they're wearing makes their arse look big

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here