Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Albion fans get value for money at the Amex?

Do we get value for money at the Amex

• Yes, yes we do

Votes: 168 81.6%
  • No, no we don't

Votes: 38 18.4%

• Total voters

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I thought parking costs WENT DOWN by an equivalent amount to compensate.

And if you are a season ticket holder, prices were FROZEN as further compensation.

Perhaps they should have just put Season Ticket prices up, and then the transport cost would have been invisible like for example the stadium electricity cost. Then no one could really MOAN.

Probably

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I voted no. If the CEO of an organisation saw a survey that said everyone thought they got value for money you can bet your bottom dollar that they would think they could charge a bit more!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I forsee quite a bit of whinging if we get a home draw in the FA Cup.

Cup games are usually agreed pricewise with the opposition. We've paid as little as £10 for FA cup games, at Villa, if I remember correctly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I forsee quite a bit of whinging if we get a home draw in the FA Cup.

Why?

If it's an 'unattractive' fixture, ticket prices will be reduced and pitched at the 50%, 60% or 70% levels. Full price is only likely to be levied for a top draw Premier League team where demand is expected to be high.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Cup games are usually agreed pricewise with the opposition. We've paid as little as £10 for FA cup games, at Villa, if I remember correctly.

Why?

If it's an 'unattractive' fixture, ticket prices will be reduced and pitched at the 50%, 60% or 70% levels. Full price is only likely to be levied for a top draw Premier League team where demand is expected to be high.

What price were the Sunderland and Newcastle tickets ???

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
FFS!---ERNEST! What has this got to do with value for money? ------- wait --- I believe you will soon be telling me----------actually come to think of it that is a good idea! I think your sane side is getting the better of your mad side Ernest! :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I tried using the Purchase history but it doesn't work - like everything on the official site. I'm fairly sure it wasn't 'full price'.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I tried using the Purchase history but it doesn't work - like everything on the official site. I'm fairly sure it wasn't 'full price'.

That's what I thought, and what did we have when the prices were announced for the Sunderland game? Loads of moaning.
Now the tickets are what, another £4, they'll be more whinging.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm not going to - there are literally about 20 prices for each game - by stand, by area in some stands, and by age.

Whatever % price they (Sunderland) were there was lots of moaning and the second ever lowest attendance at the AMEX.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Personally, I think I get excellent value - 1 adult plus 2 U-16's in the FS, all with STs costs us about £25 a match in total.
We get the occasional pie or hot chocolate, but generally bring a few snacks with us.

This survey is a touch mis-leading to be honest. Yes the match-day prices are expensive, and if you work out the total costs based around these, and full proces for food etc, then it comes out very high. This ignores the fact that 80% of the crowd are not paying those prices, as they are all STH and also subsequently saving a further 10% on food, etc, too.

My feelings exactly. For the casual fan, yes it could be a bit pricey. For the season ticket holder, great value overall.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whatever % price they (Sunderland) were there was lots of moaning and the second ever lowest attendance at the AMEX.

To be fair you could charge a fiver for some matches and STILL some would be whining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here