Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Albion fans get value for money at the Amex?

Do we get value for money at the Amex

• Yes, yes we do

Votes: 168 81.6%
  • No, no we don't

Votes: 38 18.4%

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It all depends and very much is driven by previous experiences.......although the pies are often cold.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I haven't insulted you on this thread, Beach Hut.

(Although admittedy I did snigger when someone else did, so apologies for that).

Without resorting to childishness, the facts are, if you once again post about why you feel the transport levy is unjust, people will continue to respond with their own views on why they feel it is not.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I haven't insulted you on this thread, Beach Hut.

(Although admittedy I did snigger when someone else did, so apologies for that).

Without resorting to childishness, the facts are, if you once again post about why you feel the transport levy is unjust, people will continue to respond with their own views on why they feel it is not.

I never said you had, you did on another thread which was even more amusing as you showed you truer colours

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Because of the smell / the cost of the extractor systems required to alleviate the frying / grease smell.

So nothing to do with the fact they could probably only get away with selling you chips at about £2.50 a portion? For midweek games, I would say to have something that fills up as an evening meal, you currently have to eat 2-3 pies which is not cheap. Chips are cheap and filling.....but not much profit margin?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
weird - i f***ing love the cheeseburgers!

I had one at the beginning of last season and it was poor, then I had one at the beginning of this season and it was divine! I'd still rather have a pie though, those are in a completely different league.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not really you guys are all the same and some are moderators as well, should be fun but all keep insulting me as you love to ram your arguement home about always being right
It's simply because you lack the intellect to put forward a coherent argument, instead preferring meaningless, monotone one-liners, otherwise known as drivel.

In this case, would it have killed you to explain WHY it isn't the same instead of whining like a little bitch that the groovy gang are picking on you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So nothing to do with the fact they could probably only get away with selling you chips at about £2.50 a portion?

Honestly, I don't think so. I also imagine there is a heck of a high profit margin on a £2.50 tray of chips, if they were able to sell them. I had definitely heard that it is the cooking smells / extractor issue that made the decision.

(although, if they cooked a load of lovely crispy OVEN CHIPS, in those big pie ovens, they wouldn't get the frying odour problem.......)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I never said you had, you did on another thread which was even more amusing as you showed you truer colours

You have me very wrong. My 'true colours' are evident in every post I write. If I think somebody is an idiot, my responses to them probably reflect that, even if in some cases they are probably not bright enough to recognise it.

The difference with the particular thread that you refer to, is simply that you caught me in a really bad mood, and I lost my temper (and called you a f*****g p***k). That was most regrettable - normally I would have written something far more polite, that conveyed the message that I felt you were being a f*****g p***k, but without resorting to course language.

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
My ST is £425 which is £18.47 per game, take away £5 which I would have to pay to travel on the train means I pay £13.47 per match. I believe that is good value.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's simply because you lack the intellect to put forward a coherent argument, instead preferring meaningless, monotone one-liners, otherwise known as drivel.

In this case, would it have killed you to explain WHY it isn't the same instead of whining like a little bitch that the groovy gang are picking on you?

Groooooooovy :lol:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
As I pay £270 for parking in the uni, I'm not sure I agree with an additional charge for transport on my ST, in effect subsidising others. But, as I'm sure someone will point out, that's the way it is and if I don't like it I can feck off.

I look forward to meeting the 289 parking attendants on Saturday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So nothing to do with the fact they could probably only get away with selling you chips at about £2.50 a portion? For midweek games, I would say to have something that fills up as an evening meal, you currently have to eat 2-3 pies which is not cheap. Chips are cheap and filling.....but not much profit margin?

I think it is because deep fat fryers are not considered 'health & safety' nowadays and oven chips are rank.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As I pay £270 for parking in the uni, I'm not sure I agree with an additional charge for transport on my ST, in effect subsidising others. But, as I'm sure someone will point out, that's the way it is and if I don't like it I can feck off.

I look forward to meeting the 289 parking attendants on Saturday.

I thought parking costs WENT DOWN by an equivalent amount to compensate?

And if you are a season ticket holder, prices were FROZEN as further compensation.

Perhaps they should have just put Season Ticket prices up, and then the transport cost would have been invisible like for example the stadium electricity cost. Then no one could really MOAN.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here