Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Albion fans get value for money at the Amex?

Do we get value for money at the Amex

• Yes, yes we do

Votes: 168 81.6%
  • No, no we don't

Votes: 38 18.4%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No it isn't, it is a sensible way of doing things. And well done to the club for doing it. :clap2:

Yes very Green to tax people that walk and cycle isn't it

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes very Green to tax people that walk and cycle isn't it
I didn't say it was green, I said it was sensible and absolutely not a disgrace.

I rarely use the khazi at the Amex, just the urinals. Perhaps I should moan to the club that I want a discount off my season ticket as I didn't ask for them to be built? What do you think?

I probably won't though, in case they consider me a whinging, tight-arsed, boring, cock for doing so.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I didn't say it was green, I said it was sensible and absolutely not a disgrace.

I rarely use the khazi at the Amex, just the urinals. Perhaps I should moan to the club that I want a discount off my season ticket as I didn't ask for them to be built? What do you think?

I probably won't though, in case they consider me a whinging, tight-arsed, boring, cock for doing so.

In a similar vein, I only ever look at the big screen at the North end of the ground. Those things each cost about £100k - I can't believe I'm paying to have one at each end.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Can I get cash back instead of the discount I would have got for my teenage daughters STs if they were remotely interested in football?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In a similar vein, I only ever look at the big screen at the North end of the ground. Those things each cost about £100k - I can't believe I'm paying to have one at each end.
Plus Albion only ever seem to score at our end of the ground. Who is paying for the south end of the pitch then? I'll tell you - us MUG fans, that's who.

Next year, I hope they officially announce that season tickets are being reduced by £100 but that transport costs are rising by £100. That would make me CHUCKLE.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
weird - i f***ing love the cheeseburgers!

They were great when the stadium was opened, but half way through the season they really went off with much less salad and tougher meat. At least the ones I've had anyway.

Maybe they've got better again, I rarely bother with them anymore.

Last edited:

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
I have just spent £39 on one ticket for the Leeds game. It best be a good game at that price. I think the beer is good value compared to pubs and the pie is normally hot and filled with meat, a lot nicer than the pukka pies at other grounds.

Ultimately it is the result and performance that dictates if it was worth it and value for money.

Pukka pies are SHITE

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Although if you're not using the khazi, you are unlikely to be "tight arsed"

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I voted yes however I feel the times I have been a guest in 1901 I glad I did not pay for it otherwise I may have voted no. But we should not sit back and not improve the standard of service to the ordinary fans as they work hard to pay for there tickets they are just as important to the club as the companies and 1901 members!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Hardly the same is it but true to form you just insult someone thinking your arguement is valid

I suspect the groovy gang will all join in now

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fact is, there are probably hundreds of people who don't use the travel element of the ticket, but there only seem to be one or two who, rather than taking the attitude that its only a few quid, and its for the greater good, see fit to whine on and on about it incessantly, as though it were a massive big deal.

(Personally, I've used the buses three times since the stadium opened, for example, as I'm lucky enough to hitch a ride with someone with a spot in Bennet's Field.)

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
They were great when the stadium was opened, but half way through the season they really went off with much less salad and tougher meat. At least the ones I've had anyway.

Maybe they've got better again, I rarely bother with them anymore.

give em a go again had one at brum and ipswich was very good....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hardly the same is it but true to form you just insult someone thinking your arguement is valid

I suspect the groovy gang will all join in now
It's exactly the same - I don't want to pay for the traps, you don't want to pay for the train.

And now you're just petulantly reverting to the old "the groovy gang is picking on me" retort just because you've been exposed as a selfish gimp.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's exactly the same - I don't want to pay for the traps, you don't want to pay for the train.

And now you're just petulantly reverting to the old "the groovy gang is picking on me" retort just because you've been exposed as a selfish gimp.

Not really you guys are all the same and some are moderators as well, should be fun but all keep insulting me as you love to ram your arguement home about always being right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here