Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Albion fans get value for money at the Amex?

Do we get value for money at the Amex

• Yes, yes we do

Votes: 168 81.6%
  • No, no we don't

Votes: 38 18.4%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All I know is that I pay around £9 a month (£9.50 it turns out) for my son, whereas last season as an U10 it was about £4.

If you pay about the same then I presume the same deal exists elsewhere in the ground, but I was under the impression this was only available in the FS.

Other areas are 25% / 50% so I'm paying about a tenner a month for an u10 so, presumably, c£20 for a 10-16. Decent value regardless - £5/£10 a game, give or take.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Good value but never bother with food and drink.

Travel tax is a disgrace as no opt out if you can prove not required

That's been done hasn't it? I occasionally park In Coldean (whilst I still can!) and don't mind paying the £2.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
??? He's right. (It's £9.50 a month on the DD, I just checked)

Do we pay the DD for all 12 months? If so, that's 12 x £9.50 = £114.00, which divided by 23 = £4.96 per game.

I thought we paid over 10 months in a similar way to council tax.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That's been done hasn't it? I occasionally park In Coldean (whilst I still can!) and don't mind paying the £2.

25877194.jpg

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Also what constitutes ours being classed as homemade? Did they come out of little old Doris's home oven?

From Trading Standards:-

RECOMMENDED CRITERIA FOR THE USE OF THE TERM “HOME-MADE”
81. “Home-made” is a term defined very simply and specifically in dictionaries:

• made or prepared in the home; of domestic manufacture;
• made at home using traditional methods rather than by a manufacturer;
• made by oneself;
• crudely or simply made.

82. Consumers understand the term “home-made” to mean food prepared in a domestic kitchen rather than in a factory or a manufacturer’s kitchen. The use of the term, if unqualified, should accordingly be restricted to the broad criteria above.

83. In order to avoid visual misrepresentation, factory-made foods should not be shown being made in small kitchens, farmhouses etc.

84. In order to accommodate the production of meals and dishes on commercial catering premises, the term “home-made” should be restricted to the preparation of the recipe on the premises, from primary ingredients, in a way that reflects a typical domestic situation. This should not be achieved simply by the assembly of wholly pre-prepared elements, or simple reconstitution from dry base mixes, but must involve some degree of fundamental culinary preparation. As in domestic preparation, it would be legitimate for caterers to use partly-prepared ingredients that are available for domestic use; typical examples could include the use of pre-prepared raw pastry, bakery bread in desserts or stock cubes in sauces.
Revised

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
In order for the Albion to have the best facilities for fans, players and corporates there is always going to be a price. We are paying a fair price for the Albion to leave a lasting legacy.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Don't really care for stats. Been a season ticket holder for years; get goosebumps everytime I go to The Amex and would probably pay more to go if I had to!

Last pie I had was FDM's screwball and it did the job for me :thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's a mistake, they are Hoe Made

I don't think that the guy in Shoreham would appreciate you calling his Mum a Hoe.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Blimey where do you go to the cinema? I'm moaning if I pay more than seven quid for a ticket.

You can get a Family ticket at peak times for £24, at the Odeon! Quite right Brovian.

Good value? no, not if you don't have a season ticket.

Perhaps this poll should be divided into season ticket holders and non, that would be more telling.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
pssst don't tell anyone but I wasn't serious :)

Neither was I. No need to whisper it's only used for weeding. :wink:

faithfull-draw-hoe-fibreglass-shaft-00078477M.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Value for money, probably not although how one measures this I have no idea. Am I being ripped off? No. Do I mind paying it? No. Do I enjoy it? Very much.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No it isn't, it is a sensible way of doing things. And well done to the club for doing it. :clap2:

I come out of it worse off than some I can think of, because I have a valid season ticket for Brighton - Lewes which I have to pay for, (in fact, anyone who commutes to London from Brighton has a valid season ticket which has been paid for), and my take is it was definitely the right thing to do.

No question.

None.

Uh-huh.

:clap2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because of the smell / the cost of the extractor systems required to alleviate the frying / grease smell.

I was also told there is an issue that chips, as opposed to other food items, is them getting dropped and greasy potato being trodden around the stadium and the club dont want this.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No it isn't, it is a sensible way of doing things. And well done to the club for doing it. :clap2:

This. Sensible and progressive and the fact it annoys Beach Hut is the icing on the cake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here