Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DK on SCR

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not a geat fan of DK as most on here will know but I must say that he came across very well in his interview with Harty before the game he sounded very sincere and mightl;y pissed off with ARGUS

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Anyone care to tell me what was asked and said?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just caught the bit where he said Hammond had an offer on the table that would have made him the highest paid player at the club AND with a get-out clause that said he could leave at the end of the season if we didn't get promoted.

In other words, as suspected, Hammond and his agent are a couple of wankers.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
I just caught the bit where he said Hammond had an offer on the table that would have made him the highest paid player at the club AND with a get-out clause that said he could leave at the end of the season if we didn't get promoted.

Almost definately in it for the money in my eyes.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

AS DK says there is a wage structure at the Albion, do you think that there maybe several players on the same basic wage,( I.e....the highest), and possibly, the bonuses may be different...?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007

Your at it again! That is also all that I heard and came to the same conclusion.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Dick Knight is a LEGEND. He wears his heart on his sleeve a bit but always tells us how it is. Even if you have a one to one conversation with him, there are no secrets. He is a thoroughly decent bloke. :bowdown:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Basically he said that DH had no intention of signing a new contract although he was prepared to make him the 2nd highest paid player ever in the history of BHA, Zamora being the highest. He said that he even offered him a get out clause that he could leave in the summer if we didnt get promoted this season, plus the chance to be captain and lead the team out at Falmer.

Ian asked him if he was a bit behind the times with his attitude to players agents etc and his answer was no more so than Spurs chairman was when Sol Campbell played out his contract to get a large signing on fee from Arsenal or Liverpools when Steve Mc MacMannamon did when he went to Real Madrid. He said that he wasnt prepared to allow that to happen and then reiterated a number of times that Dean Hammond had no intention whatsoever of signing a new contract. He was then asked if this was DH doing or his agent and he said that it was 100% DH as he was fully aware completely and agreed with what his agent was doing. He then slated The Argus for trying to stir uip shit by printing stories that werent true.

As I have said, I am not his greatest fan but full credit to the man. He sounded very distrought about it, as if it was like losing a member of the family that the club had nutured for 13 years of his career.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
and hats off to Dick Tight for at least getting a payout and not seeing him walk for free.

Are you feeling OK or has someone hacked into your account :jester:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Basically he said that DH had no intention of signing a new contract although he was prepared to make him the 2nd highest paid player ever in the history of BHA, Zamora being the highest. He said that he even offered him a get out clause that he could leave in the summer if we didnt get promoted this season, plus the chance to be captain and lead the team out at Falmer.

Ian asked him if he was a bit behind the times with his attitude to players agents etc and his answer was no more so than Spurs chairman was when Sol Campbell played out his contract to get a large signing on fee from Arsenal or Liverpools when Steve Mc MacMannamon did when he went to Real Madrid. He said that he wasnt prepared to allow that to happen and then reiterated a number of times that Dean Hammond had no intention whatsoever of signing a new contract. He was then asked if this was DH doing or his agent and he said that it was 100% DH as he was fully aware completely and agreed with what his agent was doing. He then slated The Argus for trying to stir uip shit by printing stories that werent true.

As I have said, I am not his greatest fan but full credit to the man. He sounded very distrought about it, as if it was like losing a member of the family that the club had nutured for 13 years of his career.

Cheers BG, sounds impressive from DK; IMO he has handled everything involving transfers and players the best he could. A loan signing next week and i will be very pleased.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
I am not a geat fan of DK as most on here will know but I must say that he came across very well in his interview with Harty before the game he sounded very sincere and mightl;y pissed off with ARGUS

Not a great fan of DK??!!

You are a joke who hasnt stopped slating him!!

If we had lost today you would be going right into one.

Prize prick!

:tosser:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Prize prick!

Lay off him, at least he's even-handed and is prepared to give credit where it's due. Can you imagine someone like BigGully or DaddyLonglegs making such a post?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lay off him, at least he's even-handed and is prepared to give credit where it's due. Can you imagine someone like BigGully or DaddyLonglegs making such a post?

Even handed = biased.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dick Knight OWNED Harty, Hawesy and the Ragus, absolutely OWNED them , wiped the floor with his detractors.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Prize prick!

You are right had we been seen to have weakened the squad and as a result lost yesterday I would justifiably have slated DK for what he has done as regards the playing stregth, but the one thing that you forget is that his radio interview was before the match and we had no idea of what the score would be. Irrespective of whether we had lost 7- 0 or not what he said on the radio was still an impressive interview, and all the transfers out made financial sense and demonstrated good business on our part.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Let's face it the days of a guy doing a Matthew Le Tissier and playing for one team the whole of his career are long gone. No money in that for agents so not surprising that Hammond has gone now and hats off to Dick Tight for at least getting a payout and not seeing him walk for free.

Blimey!! most sensible thing you've said for ages.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well said DK.
I admire your strenghth and passion for the Albion with your never say die attitude you will deliver the backers and of course the stadium to give us that platform to be potentially playing in the premiership.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Long live King Dick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here