Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Division One Football at Falmer.

They say that dreams can come true, but alas Tony Bloom's dream of Championship football by the time that Brighton play their first game at Falmer look to be pure fantasy. On the otherhand Poyet seems to be building a youth developement scheme which if he gets it right could produce a talented team for the future. We have to accept that the club does not have the financial clout that is needed to buy immediate success.

They say that dreams can come true, but alas Tony Bloom's dream of Championship football by the time that Brighton play their first game at Falmer look to be pure fantasy. On the otherhand Poyet seems to be building a youth developement scheme which if he gets it right could produce a talented team for the future. We have to accept that the club does not have the financial clout that is needed to buy immediate success.
We'll be fine,don't You worry lover:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Only the people who are delusional enough to EXPECT us to go up this season are getting upset now. I think we're good enough this season for a flirt with the playoffs but will probably fall just short. The fact of the matter is that until we actually become a proper football club with our own stadium, we're just treading water and progress will be slow.

But we ARE progressing.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
yep agree with the above. It's not an over night thing and for the first time in a few years I feel we have the right manager to take us forward

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
To be honest i wouldnt mind not going up this season so , the first season at falmer we get promotion :amex:

Exactly my sentiments, though I was slated on here for expressing them. I do not want the first season at Falmer to turn into a relegation battle, which it inevitably would were we to win promotion this season, although I did state that I will always, as an Albion fan, be delighted when we do win it. When we won the old Division Three in 2000-01, I was ecstatic - it was the first trophy I had seen the Albion win, and I expected us to cope fairly well with Division Two, certainly not to win it. Although I was delighted with the win, and went to Kings House to celebrate, I did not feel as good as the previous season, as I thought we would struggle in Division One, though I did not think we would go into the season as unprepared as we did, and with the manager farce we suffered. Okay, we nearly turned it round under Coppell, but I would far rather have a promotion chase at Falmer than a repeat of the 2002-03 season. Having been at Sheffield Wednesday, it was obvious that the squad we have would not be up to Championship football, and I don't think we would want to spend the amounts needed to maintain ourselves in that league yet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was TB who said we would be promoted this season and raised the expectation but to achieve that there will have to be a massive injection of cash during the January window unlrss we can get some class loans in for now.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Only the people who are delusional enough to EXPECT us to go up this season are getting upset now. I think we're good enough this season for a flirt with the playoffs but will probably fall just short. The fact of the matter is that until we actually become a proper football club with our own stadium, we're just treading water and progress will be slow.

But we ARE progressing.

Steady as she goes.

FAR too sensible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here