Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disgusting practice by 'Medical' team at football.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
What ever level you go to at football the 'Medical' man sits in the dug-out with his First-aid bag waiting to go on,and during the wait he rubs his hair,picks the ball up,runs his hand across his nose all the time wearing a pair of what were sterile gloves a players gets a blood injury and the ref calls the 'Medical' man on to treat the wound. Would you be happy if your dentist or doctor treated you like that ? It is a disgrace to basic hygene. :rant:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think the sterile gloves are there to protect him from blood rather than vice-versa. As the players are rolling around on the ground anyway, there's surely not much point in the physio worrying about a sterile environment.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
You want to look in our local bakers - or many other foodshops for that matter. Staff handle food, bags, coins, notes etc whilst wearing blue vinyl gloves.
They might as well not bother wearing gloves!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Magic Sponge cures and protects. :rolleyes:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Good point,until i saw this a few weeks ago at Leek Town where a defender took a nasty deep cut just over the eye brow blood running out freely, the Town trainer run over with bag and gloves on saw the injury and called for assistant the trainer for the other side (Macclesfield Town) was a Dr he had the bag that they carry on seeing the injury he opened his bag and put a pair of gloves on before treating the cut. To me surely that is they way you should go it ?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Have noticed this practice and agree it is not hygenic. But I also agree the wearing of gloves is mainly intended to protect the Physio from body fluids. They should also be routinely inoculated against the dodgier variants of hepatitis. Many medical practitioners 'double' glove either to protect against cuts or splits in the gloves (depends on the quality) so are afforded protection by the inner gloves. Failing that they always carry spare clean gloves and sterile wipes.

Most of us will recall playing amateur footie and were lucky if there was a basic first aid kit available with the traditional bucket of cold water with the magic sponge. Plus didn't give much thought to the health hazards from playing in on pitches in dog friendly public parks. Never heard of sterile gloves ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here