Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dilemma - who to support

Yoda

English & European
a very nice Palace-supporting friend

??? I've heard those words before, but not all of them used at the same time in the same sentance. ???

Have you taken a blow to the head? Your first team is Brighton, your second team is Wolves, and your most hated team is Palace. Your 2nd team is playing your most hated, and you don't know who to support.

Go and see a doctor, NSC cannot help you today.

Completely this :lol: :lol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nah - can't be doing with this. Not even for Palace. You can't genuinely wish a serious injury on a player. Bad form.
Not just Palace - I want Wolves players to get injured as well!

In all seriousness I agree with you. I originally wrote (but didn't post) 'nasty broken legs' but realised that was going too far. So yeah, annoying, niggling muscle injuries that take ages to clear.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm stunned you even had to ask - there could never, ever be a reason to support Palace.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As an aside to this thread it's quite refreshing to see that people think it's too early for the league table to give a real indication of who'll be at which end come May. It's not uncommon for some of the headless chickens on NSC to be talking about 'must win' games in August; indeed I remember there was a fair bit of wailing when we didn't win our first two games.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm stunned you even had to ask - there could never, ever be a reason to support Palace.
So if on the last day of the season, we could guarantee promotion with a Palace win against our rivals, you wouldn't support them?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
There's only one response to your ridiculous post and it goes as follows.... go to the bathroom and grab yourself some soap, place said soap in mouth and wash your mouth out then pay a visit to your fathers bedroom and borrow his gun, take gun into the hospitality lounge and shoot the palace scum dear fellow.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Thanks, my heart was telling me to politely cheer Wolves. I will now be able to do this (almost) guilt-free.

Get a pint of Old Rosie down you in the Tap & Spile and go and roar on the old gold and black!!

Finally Falmer

Jul 18, 2010
A disapointing result then Strings. What was it like at the Molineux ? Did you give the travelling Palace fan plenty of verbals ?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
So if on the last day of the season, we could guarantee promotion with a Palace win against our rivals, you wouldn't support them?

I would never support them, no. In that scenario I would hope they won but that's not supporting them. Supporting is cheering them on at the game in my book. That's what I thought the OP was contemplating.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It was quiet for the first half - no real atmosphere. Wolves had the bottom tier of one of the stands running the length of the pitch closed. Bizarre - I would have thought it makes more sense to close the top tier.

The match was OK - Wolves look very vulnerable to counter-attacking football. Wolves got in lots of brilliant crosses, but had two short-arse strikers. Palace played lots of nice balls through the middle, but only had Murray up front. Ironically, if Wolves and Palace swapped strikers, there would probably have been a goal-fest.

The Wolves fans made a brilliant noise for the short time they were leading. The moment they conceded, the fans went quiet. The Palace fans were making all the noise towards the end of the game.

I think, based upon last nights game, both clubs will be in the same league next year.

Oh, and remember the corner of the stand where the pitch is partically obscured - guess where the away fans were...

d4b78042-0013-4d54.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Oh, and remember the corner of the stand where the pitch is partically obscured - guess where the away fans were...

d4b78042-0013-4d54.jpg

Really? If they put them there regularly, people will choose Wolves as the away game to avoid. I know I won't go if they charge me top dollar to see half a pitch.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How anyone can go and watch Palace other than when The Albion are playing them is beyond me.
If they were playing in my back garden - as the saying goes - I would close the c............... No actually I would tell them to get the f*** off my property before I took a bat them.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Really? If they put them there regularly, people will choose Wolves as the away game to avoid. I know I won't go if they charge me top dollar to see half a pitch.

To be fair, there were no away fans in the furthest extremity of the stand, so everyone probably could see the whole pitch. However, yes, the away fans were in that end of the upper tier of the new stand.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You don't necessarily want the Wolves players injured. You might need them to be strong enough to be able to beat the likes of Cardiff and Blackburn, or at least hold them to a draw.
Yeah, I didn't really think it through did I? :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here