Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dilemma for Gannon

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
Anybody else think that Gannon may not necessairly want to beat us on Saturday so that if he jons us next season we will be in league one rather than league two?

Unlikely, but a possibility ;)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As many other less flouncy posters than me have said - f*** Gannon. He had his chance and said no. We got Slade and he's the mutts nuts.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
As many other less flouncy posters than me have said - f*** Gannon. He had his chance and said no. We got Slade and he's the mutts nuts.

Is the correct answer

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody else think that Gannon may not necessairly want to beat us on Saturday so that if he jons us next season we will be in league one rather than league two?

Unlikely, but a possibility ;)
We had this discussion on another thread. The general agreement was that if we beat Stockport and then Gannon joined us there would be an outcry with the relegated clubs saying it was fixed.

And I agree with the others. Whilst I DO have long-term reservations with Slade I agree he's earned the chance. Gannon turned us down so f*** him.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Quite happy with Russell Slade,but don't believe Jim Gannon deserves any f---s.Man of principle and integrity.If for any reason Slade did not become our manager,I for one,would be more than happy to have a man of Gannon's stature at our club!!

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
To be fair to Gannon, you can not knock the man for showing loyalty to the club who gave him is break. We could do do with some of that loyalty at the Withdean, or can no one remember Adams, Taylor and Coppell all jumping ship half way through the season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
To be fair to Gannon, you can not knock the man for showing loyalty to the club who gave him is break. We could do do with some of that loyalty at the Withdean, or can no one remember Adams, Taylor and Coppell all jumping ship half way through the season.

Taylor didn't jump ship half way through the season, he quit about a week after the Port Vale which was the final game of the season.

He didn't show much loyalty or any heart for the following seasons challenge in The Championship though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Suspect it's got far more to do with not wanting to uproot his family from Stockport than showing loyalty to Stockport County. Came down for an interview didn't he? Nothing wrong with being a family man with strong roots in his home town, far from it, but reckon he'd be wrong for us. Slade has near-unprecedented backing of the fans, and has the players playing for him. A bit of the old Albion fighting spirit is seeping back into the side. The board would be head-mental to change things over the Summer. IMHO like.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Suspect it's got far more to do with not wanting to uproot his family from Stockport than showing loyalty to Stockport County. Came down for an interview didn't he?

The question is why did he come for the interview then? He can f*** right off imo whether we stay up or go down. I was pretty gutted he turned us down, but he had his chance :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here